Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Am I going nuts?

sammiec
June 16th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I swear that the pit bull ban had stated that the dogs would be required to have a microchip implanted... but now I can't find any information about it.... any ideas?

Luba
June 16th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Sam I heard that too you're not going nuts, I'll see what I can find for you :D

sammiec
June 16th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I'm reading the bill right now and I can't even find the word microchip through a word search!! LOL

Luba
June 16th, 2005, 02:06 PM
LOL I was just trying that too and I'm wondering if it was just something that :party: said but didn't interpret into the ban?

sammiec
June 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
It must be...that's so strange!

I did read though that a dog can be siezed based on it is not desirable in the interests of public safety that the dog be in that location. :confused: So a neighbourhood can petition to have your dog removed??

Luba
June 16th, 2005, 02:27 PM
"be in that location"
wow now isn't that vaguer then even vague...is that possible?

sammiec
June 16th, 2005, 03:13 PM
It's in the bill.... :confused:

I think the thing that scares me the MOST about this bill is when people eventually begin to understand the power that this moron has given them...

babyrocky1
June 16th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I don't think that micro-chipping is in the bill, but can be in bi-laws in municipalities, I had Rocky chipped recently because I am trying to anticipate anything that could go wrong, I felt if he were micro-chipped by my vet no one could ever say I didn't own him before the ban. Also, I know that Toronto is looking into much harsher bilaws for all dogs, micro-chipping will definately be in there because Toronto asked the province for amendments to the bill and microchipping was one of them, The Fibs did not accept any of Torontos ammendments either, maybe thats what you read Sammie, we have all read so much info that it does become very confusing. One thing that is not confusing though is that we no longer have democracy in Ontario! Scary YES-confusing No :sad:

Luba
June 16th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Yup and the brainiacs dont' even realize that microchipping isn't fool proof. I dont' know how many times I've run across situations where chips have moved to the armpits, chest area....and most people only scan between the shoulder blades...so uhm..where does that leave us?

:party: Again this is a dunce cap....for a certain politician :highfive:

angie79
June 17th, 2005, 07:04 AM
During my first apt. at the vet with cooper i asked the vet about microchipping because i thought it would be usefull to do. the vet told me that i shouldn't do it because there are so many microchips out there and so many readers. she said that unless you know the chip and what reader can read it not worth it and if the dog is missing it is better to tattoo or just have tags.

basically she told me until the microchips and readers all work together don't bother was really surised by that

sammiec
June 17th, 2005, 07:53 AM
My pits already microchipped, she has been since we got her. When we get a rabies shot I have the vet check and see if the chip is still in it's proper location. So far it is... if that was to chance my plan is to have it written on her tag where her chip is.