Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What breed am I?

lrempel
June 15th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Here is Sophie, our wonderful 4-month old mutt. We adopted her from a rescue shelter in Bellingham, WA. The woman at the shelter said the mother was an Australian Shepherd/Husky cross. As for the father - who knows?

One thing to note, Sophie does have purple markings on her tongue, suggesting there is Chow Chow in there somewhere. Right now she is 26lbs and about 17" (to shoulder). I've been told she will get anywhere from 50-70lbs when fully grown, but I'm inclined to believe it will be on the lower end of this range. Just curious as to what people think.

I'll post a few pics (on separate posts - cause I can only post 1 at a time) to give you some idea.

lrempel
June 15th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Picture #2

lrempel
June 15th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Picture #3

lrempel
June 15th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Picture #4

NutmegHF
June 15th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Well she's cute .. I'll tell you that.. and really does it matter what breeds she is..

Nutmeg

Stacey1
June 15th, 2005, 09:07 PM
I can understand you wanting to know what kind of dog you have.

When people ask what breed she is, it's nice to have a answer.

She is a cutie.

My best guess would be Maybe a Golden Retriever cross, because of the colouring and the facial features. :thumbs up

happycats
June 15th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Face looks just like a Sheba Inu, but the ears look like maybe mixed with a lab?

happycats
June 15th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Looks kind of like his one. http://www.terragon.com/morningstarshibas/cayenne.html

levimh
June 15th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I'd agree with the Chow Chow in there. But I was also thinking GSD or maybe Beagle (because of the big brown eyes).

By the way, she's adorable!!

Safyre
June 15th, 2005, 10:02 PM
omg, I'm soo glad Happycats said it first, i was thinking Shiba Inu as well, with the size, i would lean away from Shiba Inu (there is a breeder clsoe to me and i LOVE shibas)
From her face, you can see husky. With that coloring, i;'d go with golden ret/lab for the father.

aussiemedogs
June 15th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I have 4 aussies, she has a crooked ear like three of mine have! So, I say aussie mixed with possibly shepherd

lrempel
June 15th, 2005, 11:20 PM
thanks for all the replies. one question i had, does anyone know of any other breeds (besides chow chow) that have purple tongues?

Mockingcat
June 16th, 2005, 12:02 AM
What an adorable puppy!

Just so you know, Aussie Shepherds can also have tongue spots of many colors, just like Chow Chows, so her spotty tongue may have come from her mom's side! :)

http://www.ashgi.org/color/Aussie_tongue_spots.html

(That's got some cute Aussie tongue spots for ya! :))

angie79
June 16th, 2005, 07:59 AM
sharpei's have purple toungues and same forehead and nose

jessi76
June 16th, 2005, 10:03 AM
I don't have any usefull information for you, I just wanted to post to say OMG! WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE GIRL!!!! she really is quite beautiful!

levimh
June 16th, 2005, 10:10 AM
I found the below picture and thought they looked like your little girl. They are Golden Retreiver/Chow mixes.

nymph
June 17th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I think she is a lab (dominant breed) and GSD (back & tail) mix, perhaps a little bit of golden retriever as well.

Prin
June 17th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I see some lab in there too. :)

goldenblaze
June 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I think Aussie mix because of ears and head but I see no Golden Retriever or Lab in this pup... sure is cute though. The colour of this pup golden and black can both be from aussie's...black tri, red tri. Love Aussie's I have had 3 of them, very smart gorgeous dogs. :)