Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Concerned pet owner

Lindy
June 14th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Hello, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my puppy. He is a 3 months old Yorky - ****zu mix. When I first brought him home he we fine and about a week later he began excessively panting and his mouth appeared very dry and white in color. He was lethargic and I was very scared, I called the vet and they said to bring him in, but just like that he was fine. I thought maybe he was allergic to the new puppy food and quit feeding it to him. Will it's been two weeks and now he is excessively panting again and his belly is huge, but he acts fine. He runs and plays just like normal. I also have another dog, but he has been perfectly healthy. What could be causing these weird symptoms?
Lindy

Lucky Rescue
June 15th, 2005, 12:29 AM
When I first brought him home he we fine and about a week later he began excessively panting and his mouth appeared very dry and white in color.

Could be dehydration. Was he running around in the heat? The big belly could mean worms.

Have you had this puppy vet checked, vaccinated and dewormed? Where did you get him?

You must take him to the vet.

Prin
June 15th, 2005, 12:39 AM
The white could be lack of circulation, which could be a heart problem.... (lathargy, heavy breathing also can be symptoms). :eek:

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 12:41 AM
I'm surprised your vet didn't tell you what's wrong.

Prin
June 15th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I think you need a new vet...