Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Calm before the storm..pictures

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Expecting a large storm here YIPPIE I really do enjoy good thunderstorms.
There was a tornado touchdown near Fergus ON and lots of warnings all around this area.
Be careful folks, I just snapped these..the air is weird...electrified I LOVE IT!

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 07:20 PM
The birds are behaving oddly
Though circling they got very quiet then flew the heck off somewhere..pending storm. Miss Sadie pants doesn't like it either.

happycats
June 14th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I LOVE Thunderstorms !!!! We have a carport, and I love sitting in there to watch them. :)

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Where abouts are you, are you getting stormed on now?

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 08:21 PM
im in st catharines and its looking pretty omnimous here

yay for storms

Eleni

Writing4Fun
June 14th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Those are gorgeous pictures! :love: I loooove storms (although these tornado warnings make me a little nervous :eek: ).

We're just south of Barrie. We had a nasty storm roll through here around 6:00. The sky brightened a little, but it's looking a little dark again.

happycats
June 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I'm in Oshawa, and it hasn't hit here yet!

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I'm in Scarborough and it just left us on it's way to you OSHAWA

be careful winds got pretty bad and heavy downpour loads of lightening

pics from 10 mins agooooo....here ya are

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 09:00 PM
That one above was just before it hit us...got really dark

This is as it's approaching. It hit us but the big band of it obviously north of us.

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Right in the middle of it...

(and excuse all the hydro wires we're all above ground here which ruins my pictures LOL)

happycats
June 14th, 2005, 09:11 PM
It's here !!!! ANd even the carport is getting wet! It is a wild one :) .
Hey Luba, that looks like my old neighbourhood!! I lived in scarborough for a while, and I still work there.

BMDLuver
June 14th, 2005, 09:13 PM
From the looks of it here, it's on it's way! I love thunder and lightning shows!

Safyre
June 14th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Completely unfair. Chatham didn't get touched by any of it

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 09:25 PM
we are getting lots of lightning now, no real rain yet but its looking to get feisty out there

i really dont like storms LOL

they make me nervous
Eleni

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I love Scarb Happy Cats

TAke some pictures and post them if anyone gets good ones :D

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 09:42 PM
This is just so funny...find the glowing eyes in the storm

I ran out to the road to take pics and my Sadie wanted to come but I let her watch from the window... lol

Safyre
June 14th, 2005, 09:54 PM
wow, last pic a lil freaky

Daisy's Owner
June 15th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I am so jealous. With all this crappy weather we have had over the last two months, Not one clap of thunder. The weather channel has teased us many times, but still nothing. I think we need a good storm to clear the air and get summer going.

LOL. Luba that last pic is cool.

chico2
June 15th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Luba,beautiful pics...love the last one.
I too love storms,as long as they are not damaging..
I was sitting outside on my deck watching it getting darker yesterday,I know I might sound a little corny,but I was filled with awe just watching the sky..great stuff!
Barrie seems to get it more than other cities,we had a small Tornado going right down my street one summer,broke off six feet of my Blue Spruce in the front,my neighbors BIG pine-tree got uprooted and he lost most of his roof-tiles...that night was a little scary,but not too much harm done.

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 09:18 AM
No rain Angela...well I'm hoping you will get some :D

Actually the smell yesterday of the humidity and the rain reminded me of Nova Scotia :D

I love watching the approaching storms too. I get like a little kid with all honesty, all giggly and stuff. My neighbour and I were out watching it like a hawk in the middle of the road, just soaking it in. While all the other adults were too scared to move from their homes LOL :crazy:

BMDLuver
June 15th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Think it hit during the night. Never saw a thing... dang :sad:

april21h1
June 15th, 2005, 09:48 AM
I love thunderstorms as well.
I agree with daisy, the weathernetwork has told us that we will get thunderstorms but none yet. :sad:
I hope we have alot this summer, I love watching them.

Copper'sMom
June 15th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I'm with Eleni - thunderstorms make me nervous just because of the possibility of tornados and such. If our big maple tree came down, we wouldn't have a house left! :eek:

Eleni
June 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM
it rolled in here sometime after 11 I ended up with a daughter and 2 cats in bed with us, I think the other cat was hiding under the bed LOL

poor pets dont like the stormy weather.

lets just say the bed was a bit crowded.

but the late show was even better, I woke up at 4 am it was still a lil rainy, but Ty was in his crib squeeling, i looked over and he was standing :eek: :eek:

6 months old and standing , im in for it now.

Eleni

Copper'sMom
June 15th, 2005, 10:03 AM
When I was a little girl, we just got home when a storm hit. I opened the screen door to go in the house and the wind caught it and the door hit me and sent me flying off the steps :eek: I had a huge goose egg on my forehead. Being as though I am lightweight, everyone jokes that I had better hang on tight to something when I go outside on a really windy day or else I might be blown away!

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 10:30 AM
We had (3) storms come through here

First one just some rain and a little wind
Second one a huge downpour and windy with some lightening
And
The third one was a spectacular lightening show with a real big downpour.

LOVE IT! :D

Bearsmom
June 15th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I'd just come back from walking the boys and was standing in the driveway talking to the neighbours when the darkest scariest clouds I've ever seen came in. It was deadly still, then the winds picked up, started hailing BIG hailstones. Winds were incredible. We lost 2 birch trees in the front yard, and half of our patio furniture.

Lightning also blew out power for a long time. Grabbed Robbie and the pets and headed for the basement. Have never been so scared in my life.

Beautiful pics, Luba.

Writing4Fun
June 15th, 2005, 12:07 PM
That's one thing I have to say about our little neighborhood. I don't know if it's because our power lines are underground, or if we're on the same lines as the fire station and so they get first priority, but our power rarely ever goes out. It flickers from time to time, but if it ever truly dies, I know there's one heck of a problem somewhere.

Yeah, the storms that ran through here yesterday were doozies. My sister called to ask where we were hiding in case of a tornado, so they'd know which part of the house wreckage to check in first. :rolleyes: I feel much better now, thanks, sis! I still love storms, though. We watched the lightening for a while, and opened the door to listen to the rain. It was wild! :D :thumbs up

Daisy's Owner
June 15th, 2005, 12:25 PM
No rain Angela...well I'm hoping you will get some :D

Actually the smell yesterday of the humidity and the rain reminded me of Nova Scotia :D

Oh we are getting lots of rain. Just no thunderstorms. If it rains this Sunday, I think that will make it 10 Sundays in a row. In May we had something stupid like 25 days of rain and/ or no sunshine during the month. It was 21 or 22 days in a row without sunshine. June isn't looking any better.

BeagleMum
June 15th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Ya, it hit here pretty bad last night too. Spencer's first experience with a thunderstorm and he didn't like it. He kept barking at the thunder and hid under the bed. Poor little tyke.

Speaking of storms, this is the view that we had a few weeks ago after some rain. (that's not a reflection, there really are 2 rainbows)

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM
It's been years since I seen a rainbow.

Thats a very lovely picture. I seen a double rainbow once many years ago and it was as magnificent as you can imagine. They truly are breathtaking to see.

Thanks for the lovely picture.

Writing4Fun
June 15th, 2005, 12:51 PM
We had a double rainbow a few weeks ago as well! Don't think it was the same one as yours, though. :p My son was thrilled. :D

Bearsmom
June 15th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, the storms that ran through here yesterday were doozies. My sister called to ask where we were hiding in case of a tornado, so they'd know which part of the house wreckage to check in first. :rolleyes: I feel much better now, thanks, sis! I still love storms, though. We watched the lightening for a while, and opened the door to listen to the rain. It was wild! :D :thumbs up

Ah, siblings are such a comfort, aren't they? My sister called from Connecticut to find out if we were in Kansas yet. Funny today, not so funny last night.

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Did you hear about the 7.0 mag earthquake and tsunami warning California got? WOW thats a big one. I wonder if it's a precursor to something to come. Let us hope not.

Bearsmom
June 15th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Yikes! Can't imagine that. Did anyone watch "Day after Tomorrow"? That's what last night looked like around here. I kept looking for the big temperature drop and huge wave.

Since we live in tornado alley, they keep saying locally that we're long overdue for another tornado to hit.

I was laughing at myself yesterday, Orangeville has a volunteer fire dept at nighttime (they call them by that stupid air raid siren). About 6 pm yesterday they had the siren going for about 5 minutes straight. I was tempted to call and ask them to turn the damn thing off, but lo and behold, they were warning residents of a tornado!!!! Duh.

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 01:14 PM
I had to read your post again Bearsmom I thought it said 'warning rodents of a tornado' LOL :crazy: DUH ME

I did see that movie, very freaky for sure. Never know what can happen you just never know.

Bearsmom
June 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I actually had to go back and check again, make sure I wrote what I was supposed to..it's been a long day already.

Hellcat child won't sleep, he's up in his room singing happy birthday (to whom, I don't know), the dogs have been NUTS since last night, and I've got to go out with the chainsaw and hack up the fallen trees.

But here I sit posting away!

Beaglemom
June 15th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Did you hear about the 7.0 mag earthquake and tsunami warning California got? WOW thats a big one. I wonder if it's a precursor to something to come. Let us hope not.

I hope not! Another tsunami is a scarey thought. I believe that Vancouver was also warned about the possibility of a tsunami. We're supposed to be going to California in September for our vacation.

The storm we got last night was kind of scarey. Especially the tornado warnings! Poor Misty was terrified of the thunder and lightning!

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 05:28 PM
My dog is sort of resorting to the basement when the loud claps of thunder come by...otherwise I try to get her to look out the window and not be so afraid. She's 1/2 in agreement with me the other half she tells me off I suppose LOL

doggy lover
June 15th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I live in south east Scarb and we didn't get it as bad as I thought we were, I hate thunderstorms, and my hubby loves them. I try to behave like it doesn't bother me so that Tucker is not scared but I still hate them. I have a cottage just south of Owen Sound and we get some bad ones there with twisters involved, I could never live in tornado alley in the States. It scares me up there as we have no where to hide our cottage is small and no basement. Our neighbours have told us to go to their place if the weather gets bad up there, thank goodness for friends. I'm just a big chicken. lol

BeagleMum
June 15th, 2005, 09:08 PM
We had a double rainbow a few weeks ago as well! Don't think it was the same one as yours, though. :p My son was thrilled. :D

Are you anywhere near Ottawa? That picture was taken about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was amazing to see and the rainbow lasted for about 30 minutes.

Writing4Fun
June 15th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Are you anywhere near Ottawa? That picture was taken about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was amazing to see and the rainbow lasted for about 30 minutes.
No, we're about an hour north of Toronto. The timing is about right, but our rainbow was to the south of us, so somehow I don't think it was the same one. Neat when you get a double, though, isn't it? Made me feel kinda special... :D

Princesss04
June 17th, 2005, 03:14 PM
What neat storm pictures and I love the rainbow ones! :D