Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

St. Ives products

lilith_rizel
June 14th, 2005, 03:56 PM
ok, I have a skin sensitivity to red.. So I ahd to give up my cucumber melon body wash, because it contained some red dyes, and I started breaking out from in, after I became allergic to the dyes.

My grandma swore by St. Ives, because it was so gentle. Does anyone have the cucumber melon body wash from them. and if so , does it contain red dye in it?

Safyre
June 14th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I just googled for you:
Ingredients As Listed on Package
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

lilith_rizel
June 14th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I tried that, and I never find what I am looking for.LOL thanks

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 06:15 PM
If you're sensitive go to a natural/health food store and buy something natural/plant based. They normally never have any crap in them. :D

lilith_rizel
June 14th, 2005, 06:19 PM
you know, I never thought of that. Will have to check where the nearest one is. I am sure that it would be great for hubby too, he is allergic to the water here. :confused: For some reason, that is the only time he gets the rash on his stomach.... Went to AZ, and it cleared up in a week. :confused:

Daniac
June 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I swear by Dr. Bonner's liquid soaps. I'm allergic to soap and I don't have a reaction to Dr. Bonner's.

The peppermint is very refreshing! :)

http://www.drbronner.com/main.html
http://www.drbronner.com/soaps.html

Safyre
June 14th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I some how cans earch really well and find almost anything ... took me a min for those ingrediants though.

I'm actually allergic to the water in lake erie, its the only water that when i swim there, i get a rash. lol that says alot for our great lakes.
I would try natural products, I am allergic to alot as well...

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 09:02 PM
aveno has an otmeal body wash that is good for those with sensative skin

Ty has bad exema and i only use it on him, and the prescription ointment the doctor prescribed

dunno if they have cucumber but thir products are great
Eleni

Prin
June 14th, 2005, 10:57 PM
What about the Body Shop? :) Or Dove Unsented?