Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Me!! Please.

Stacey1
June 14th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hello Guys,

This is my first time on here so bear with me.

I had a yellow lab, female 5 yrs old. There was a accident about 2 - 3 weeks ago, and the dog was run over in our driveway by accident.

Everyone in the house is devestated.

I have 5 kids in the house under 10, and everyone is very depressed now that we have no furry friend to play with, and sleep with at night.

I have been looking into a few breeds lately and some have cought my eye. Could you please let me know what dog you think would be best for a family of 7, even if I don't mention it!

I like the
- Great Pyrenees
- Newfoundlander
- Maybe another Lab
- German Shepard.

I am home pretty much all day, I drive school bus. There is lots of activity at any given time, so I don't really want a small dog. :confused: :confused:

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Horrible!

What was 'the' dogs name, how old was the dog? A family pet?

Stacey1
June 14th, 2005, 12:54 PM
The dos name was Zepher she was 5 yrs old, (shared my son's birthday in fact).
Yes she was a family pet of 5 yrs.

BMDLuver
June 14th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I would suggest you contact the Ontario Lab Rescue. That way the dog has been evaluated in a home situation. Be upfront about your children and expect a home visit as well. If you have very young children you may not be accepted for adoption, depends on the rescues policies. Best of luck in your search and sorry for your recent loss.

amber416
June 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I am so sorry about your dog! That is awful. Good choice in deciding against a small dog..... what about a golden retriever? Whatever breed you decide to go with, I would definitely rescue an adult dog, if i were you. This way you can get an idea of the dog's personality and how he or she would do in your home environment. With so many little ones at home, make sure you really take your time and do a lot of research. Good luck! :)