Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Dog is in SEVER TROUBLE

commonschoolboy
June 14th, 2005, 07:07 AM
:sick: I know U asked your members not to post about dogs with bad problems, but right now I see no other choice.........please respond to this.

Problem my Dog (pfefer (i cant spell name correctly)) has been in a little kenel in my gurage for the past week. My dog had been throwing up and vomiting continuly for a few days, but eventually it seemed to be clearing up, she was having more regular ball-movements and seemed to be improving so we took her to the vet for a final exam, the docter said she saw no problems. then trouble struck. :sad: i woke up this morning to find the dog's kenel full of blood,diahera and puke :yuck: i delt with it the best i could. upon inspecting the dog i found that: her butt, legs,and feet were coverd in blood and diahera, her side showed some traces of the illness she is suffering (what it is i dont know)the kenel full on all internal dimensions with pukeish dieriaish bloody substances, if anyone is willing to help me please post here.

I beg U.............Please Help My Dog, I wont force U but i'm on my hands and knees, It's to early for me to see the vet, so please give me advice...........

BMDLuver
June 14th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Not sure where you are located but get your dog to an emergency vet now! There isn't time to wait for a regular vet to open.

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 07:10 AM
rush the dog to the emergency vet NOW

Eleni

canine14
June 14th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Your dog is dying and is suffering. She needs help NOW. Go to an Emergency Vet and work out a payment plan.

commonschoolboy
June 14th, 2005, 07:14 AM
rush the dog to the emergency vet NOW

Eleni

i know very well the severity of my dogs condition............but i cant get to a vet..........I'd love to but i can't, does anyone have any other suggestions?

BMDLuver
June 14th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Why can't you get to a vet?

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 07:15 AM
if you dont the dog will die, there is no other suggestions

find your way to the vet is the only suggestion anyone can give.

im dead serious on this

Eleni

happycats
June 14th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Where are you located??

canine14
June 14th, 2005, 07:18 AM
WHERE are you located? We can help if you give us more specifics.

commonschoolboy
June 14th, 2005, 07:25 AM
minnesota is my location.

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 07:27 AM
are there emergency vets there?

can you get family or friends to drive the dog over to teh emergency vet??

BMDLuver
June 14th, 2005, 07:33 AM
What exactly are your parents doing about this at the moment?

Dogastrophe
June 14th, 2005, 07:35 AM
You really have two options here:

(1) get to a vet immediately (emerg vet or any vet who is open -- in cases such as this, it really doesn't matter that it is not your regular vet), or

(2) have your dog die in a horrible manner.

happycats
June 14th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Where abouts in Minnesota? Here is a link http://granitecitypet.com/

Mockingcat
June 14th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Blood like this is a VERY BAD sign. Potentially fatally bad. Your dog needs to go a vet, and he needs to go 10 minutes ago.

Lucky Rescue
June 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Are you aware that what you are doing - denying medical care to a suffering animal - is illegal and you can be charged in court for cruelty?

Would you like to lie in bed covered in blood and vomit and no one to help you?

Get that dog to a vet right now, and please do not get any more pets.

Do not post here again until you have been to the vet.

Beaglemom
June 14th, 2005, 08:43 AM
You owe it to your dog to take her to a vet. There is no time to waste in this situation. Only a veterinarian can help your dog and save her life. Think of it as if it were you lying there, you would have gone to emergency, please take your dog in. She needs to see a vet ASAP.

jessi76
June 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM
with a beloved pet in that condition, this person wastes precious time to post on a message board? (no offense, i love it here, but if my pet was in such dire need of medical attention, I'd skip logging on to the board)

Prin
June 14th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Problem my Dog (pfefer (i cant spell name correctly)) has been in a little kenel in my gurage for the past week. My dog had been throwing up and vomiting continuly for a few days, but eventually it seemed to be clearing up, she was having more regular ball-movements and seemed to be improving so we took her to the vet for a final exam, the docter said she saw no problems. He throws up so you lock him in the garage? That's terrible.

then trouble struck. i woke up this morning to find the dog's kenel full of blood,diahera and puke i delt with it the best i could. upon inspecting the dog i found that: her butt, legs,and feet were coverd in blood and diahera, her side showed some traces of the illness she is suffering (what it is i dont know)the kenel full on all internal dimensions with pukeish dieriaish bloody substances, if anyone is willing to help me please post here.
THEN trouble struck? Are you kidding? Trouble struck a LONG time ago. Vomiting and throwing up at the same time is an emergency. Not something you hide in the garage.It is disgusting that you let this dog suffer so long, unhelped. Disgusting.

How can you think we can help you? What do you expect us to say?

heidiho
June 14th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Hmmmmm,interesting,where Did U Go???????????????

doggy lover
June 14th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Sounds, young? Maybe get a parent to take dog to vet?

mona_b
June 14th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Are you aware that what you are doing - denying medical care to a suffering animal - is illegal and you can be charged in court for cruelty?

This is soooooo true.

Get this poor dog to a vet ASAP...If you are young,then I suggest you tell your parents to take her back to the vets or else someone will report them for animal neglect.

By the way guys,this is a Minitue Snowzier...This is what's stated on the profile.

Angeleyes1437
June 14th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Members... is this kid serious? I don't mean to be rude, but he can't talk or spell... can this be a horrible joke? I want to go there and steal the dog from him. Why is the dog in a garage? and why can't he go to a vet... even if he can't pay... drop it off and figure out a way or even don't go back (it is better off without an owner like this), just don't let it die this way!

This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... and extremely sad!

This dog has probably NEVER seen a vet and has worms. Without help it will surely die a horrible and painful death.

Lucky Rescue
June 14th, 2005, 08:25 PM
can this be a horrible joke?

We can only hope it's a joke, but sadly, this kind of abuse and neglect goes on every day.:(

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Sounds like a freak to me :evil:

Angeleyes1437
June 14th, 2005, 08:44 PM
We can only hope it's a joke, but sadly, this kind of abuse and neglect goes on every day.:(

Well now that I will have nightmares...if I get any sleep at all. This is just horrible. How can people look at a dying animal and not feel bad... ESPECIALLY a dog? Sometimes I feel like we should be ashamed to be humans.

justncase
June 15th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Blood in the stools is one thing- it can signal parasites in the colon, etc. But you said bloody diarrhea- and that signal one thing- flu. According to my sources there isn't a cure for dog flu it's a matter of waiting it out. It can take a week or two. Vomiting can also be a sign of dog flu. What concerns me is dehydration. If your dog is vomiting and has diarrhea there is a tremendous loss of fluids from both ends, as well as a potassium and electrolyte loss- this can can life-threatening. Give your dog plenty of fresh water, and beef broths( no salt) as well as Pedialyte( dosage based on weight- check the bottle for dosage info) to replace the fluid loss . Also a bland diet- cooked white rice with some boiled chicken ( no bones, fat or skin) and broth mixed in. What also concerns me is that your dog, being ill- is in the garage. You need to keep an eye on your dog for any changes in his condition and isolating your dog may not be the wisest thing at this point.

Mockingcat
June 15th, 2005, 05:33 PM
NO, do not wait. Bloody diarrhea is a symptom of parvo. You cannot "wait out" parvo, your dog will dehydrate.

I don't know why anyone would tell someone to "wait out" a dog wallowing in his own bloody feces, but that is not good advice. Justncase, perhaps you were lucky with a dog you owned who 'only' had the flu, but this could be a serious problem, and telling someone to leave their dog at home and feed them broth is not good advice.

Symptoms (from http://www.canismajor.com/dog/pupvirus.html#Parvosym)

Initial signs of illness are lethargy, loss of appetite, and vomiting, followed within 24 hours by high fever (up to 106 degrees) and profuse, often bloody diarrhea. The dog’s abdomen is tucked up and he appears to be in extreme pain. Some puppies show only the first stage of depression and abdominal pain, then go into shock and die.

doggy lover
June 15th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I don't think he is comming back