Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need some positive vibes again..

Karin
June 14th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Please! I have to make this short, in lot's of pain and still scared. I just got home from the hospital, they wanted to keepme a few days. I totaled my truck today, rolling it 3 times and landed in a ditch. Broken ribs, l. elbow & my head is pretty swollen. No one, including myself can figure out how I lived, the roof has impaled the front seats. I was wearing the seat belt which kept me from being ejected but it also wrapped around my neck in the flipping around. I may have damaged vertabraes in my neck, another ct scan is scheduled for wednesdy. I refused to be admitted because of Ciara.
I've gotta go..stillhave glass in my hair I need to get out before I can't move at all. Thank God Ciara was not with me.

Prin
June 14th, 2005, 01:16 AM
WOW. Vibes vibes vibes. Can't you bring the doggy to the hospital with you? I'm so sorry this happened. I hope you are ok. I hope you have 911 on speed dial. :fingerscr :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

iRONKNiGHT
June 14th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Karin...Thank GOD you're OK.. Very Shaken at the moment i am sure..but i know how you must be feeling.. since i've had most of my bones broken at one point or another in my short life-span..... sadly you're going to feel a lot of pain for about 2 weeks.. then you'll start feeling better ;)
hey humor helps even when it hurt's to laugh.... and with broken rib/'s i am pretty sure you're going to be sleeping sitting up..i hope you have someone to care for you.. you'll be on a pretty long vacation....

Here's a laugh for ya :) when i was in a world of pain.. on one of the major accidents of my life.. i was freaking out.. i was in NYC and i told my mum.. mum if i'm going to die i want to be buried back home in Canada.. LOL.... she started yelling like all mum's! and i started laughing even tho i was in so much pain but you cant help to think how parents can be.. you can be dying and theyre still yelling at you for something you had done...i really taught i was going to die... anyways so i'm still here ;) broken and mended many times over.... i guess my name suit's me iRONKNIGHT... but i now try to play it safe..
PS: if you ever wanted to know what happend i'll tell ya :)
since you'll have time to read LOL.......
one word.. Skateboarding :)

iRONKNiGHT
June 14th, 2005, 02:16 AM
I've gotta go..still have glass in my hair I need to get out before I can't move at all..
Karin you're a Tough one :) you'll be allright and best of all you'll have US all of by your side supporting you on a Speedy Recovery :)...

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 04:34 AM
glad your ok.

heres hoping for a fast recovery for you

Eleni

happycats
June 14th, 2005, 06:04 AM
OMG Karin, I'm so sorry, my thoughts are with you, and I pray that you have a speedy recovery!! I'm sending you an angel to watch over you :)
http://bestsmileys.com/angles/1.gif

Rita
June 14th, 2005, 06:28 AM
OMG Karin :eek:
Broken ribs can be very painful .... hurts just to breath :sad:
Take good care of yourself and take it VERY easy for the next few weeks ... give yourself plenty of time and opportunity to heal.
Sending good thoughts your way :grouphug: :fingerscr

april21h1
June 14th, 2005, 06:59 AM
MAJOR GOOD VIBES sent your way.
I hope you have a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

BMDLuver
June 14th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Oh dear Karin. Here's hoping that you have a speedy recovery. Take good care of yourself and do not overdo it. If you have any difficulties back to the hospital you go! Will be thinking and worrying about you. :grouphug:

Daisy's Owner
June 14th, 2005, 07:09 AM
OMG Karin. I'm glad you're OK. Sending you good vibes for a speedy recovery.

chico2
June 14th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Awww Karin,what a terrible experience,broken ribs are sooo painful,I've had a few!!
I too was thinking of Ciara"was she with you??"then I read she was not...she's so lucky she still has you.
It seems Lady Luck stopped at your neighbors door,but she's bound to knock on yours too soon,I promise :love:
I hope your boyfriend is there to help you out and that your scan will turn out ok!!
Bad things happen to good people,but I know you are strong and determined and you will get through this too....http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gifto you and Ciara

sammiec
June 14th, 2005, 08:08 AM
OMG Karin! Thank God you're alright!!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery! I am so thankful that you're okay!!!! I'll be thinking about you!

Lucky Rescue
June 14th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Awww Karin, I am so sorry to hear this happened to you! It's just danged unfair!!:(

Thinking of you and wishing you the speediest of recoveries.

Do you have someone there to help you?

Beaglemom
June 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Karin, I'm so sorry that this happened, I'm glad to hear that you are okay. I'm sure there is an angel watching over you. My thoughts and prays are with you for a quick recovery.

Schwinn
June 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM
I'm glad to hear you're okay. Just relax and don't dwell on the accident. It's over, now just rest. Oh, and everyone has to wait on you hand and foot, so try to enjoy that part. :grouphug:

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Geeze Karin that's a big huge bummer I'm so sorry to hear.

You're gonna find glass everywhere...I've been there in a bad accident I know how you feel. THE BEST way to get rid of it is through vacuuming it...be careful it is small and gets everywhere.

Your ribs will heal but they'll be quite tender and sore. I hope you will have someone helping you as you can't walk the dog or lift things for awhile.

If you hit your head you need to have a MRI or CAT scan done dear...please don't put that off!

:grouphug:

Writing4Fun
June 14th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Wow, Karin! Sending you a huge :grouphug:! Just take it easy, get all the care you need (you're not going to be any good to Ciara if you can't move, right?).

Luvmypit
June 14th, 2005, 11:46 AM
OH DEAR :eek:

I hope everything is ok. Wow are you lucky! Kiss the floor girl and take comfort in the fact that you could have been much worse.

Im so sorry you must feel so shocked right now. Just relax and remeber that you are getting a ton of good vibes back at ya!
Take care please and rememeber you are no good to ciara if your not around!

One time I was in Portugal with two of my GF's and the two of them went to the bank. We always went everywhere with eachother and this was the first time we didn't. When ever we did go me and joanne would argue over who gets the front seat. Joanne has this thing where she thinks the back seat you don't have to wear a belt but does in the front seat (i dont get it but anyways). Needless to say I am the king of calling shot gun so to think of if I would have went and she would have been beltless... I don't know what would have happened. They ended up hitting the gaurd rail and flipping 3 times. Car was totalled!

Rick C
June 14th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear of your accident . . . . sounds pretty frightening.

Take it one day at a time (old cliche) and handle each consequence in a step by step process and determination to solve them . . . . don't let it all overwhelm you and you'll be fine.

Hope to hear reports of you getting better in the near future.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Cactus Flower
June 14th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Karin, I'm so sorry!

Is there anyone who can watch Ciara for you, for a few days? You might have some injuries now that later you'll wish you had treated early on in the hospital. Don't want to scare you on top of everything you're going through, but some things are hard to detect on the day of the accident, such as a slow seep inside (bleeding). Of course I pray that anything like this will NOT be the case.

But please, DO keep 911 on speed dial, at the very least.

I hope you are feeling better soon, and that you mend quickly. I am also grateful that you are still with us!

kandy
June 14th, 2005, 02:14 PM
OMG! I am so glad that you are alive!! Get well soon, and we'll all be thinking about you! :grouphug:

Karin
June 14th, 2005, 02:49 PM
My mother and daughter are coming up tomorrow. My kidneys are bruised, passing some blood..my friend Carol took me back in today and I go back in for another ct tomorrow. My S-10 Blazer is now a convertible....still can't figure out why I'm still breathing or how I got out so fast. I can't sit for toolong so I better get back to the couch. Thanks all. This sudden fear of what I am going to do on top of the pain is very depressing.

Luba
June 14th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hey Karin didnt' you always want a convertable? ;)

Glad you have help comin your way you'll need it my friend.

:grouphug:

glasslass
June 14th, 2005, 07:00 PM
OMG Karen! Just saw this thread. By now I'm sure the soreness and aching is really setting in. I feel so much for you. I know how miserable a broken ankle and a purple keester is, so I can just imagine how much worse you must be feeling. What happened? Remember, attitude is everything! I'm sending my positive vibes your way too! Don't think about everything now, just concentrate on getting better. Everything will be easier and brighter once you start feeling better. :grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 14th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I am sorry it sounds like a horrible ordeal, I do hope you are feeling better soon. :sorry: :)

twinmommy
June 14th, 2005, 10:12 PM
OMG :eek:

Sending you much, much vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So glad to hear that you are o.k., and please please go back to the hospital if need be, as the others said.

Glad your family is going to stay with you for a bit, take care, and rest up.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Princesss04
June 17th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Karen I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you! I am glad to hear that you are okay! Hang in there. I am praying for you and sending you get well soon vibes! :D

CyberKitten
June 17th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Oh Karin, you did not need this right now - or at any time but especially now with Ciera et al. Here are some hugs and you'll be in my thoughts!! Take care of yourself!! :grouphug:

doggy lover
June 17th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Karin your guardian :angel: must have been watching over you. Thank god for seatbelts. Take care of yourself, and rest. :grouphug:

Karin
June 17th, 2005, 06:47 PM
If I were to moon someone, it would be a blue moon for sure.

The doctor said I could go back to work today. (lite duty) That helped me avoid rigor mortis from setting in. My mother took me back to the hospital on Wed. for yet another ct scan. No bleeding on the brain which was one of the major concerns since I took a pretty good blow to the head. My right kidney is bruised really bad but time should heal. The fractures still hurt like hell. (Lortab 7.5 is my friend right now) They added Flexeril for muscle spasms & meclizine for dizzyness, the floor keeps coming up to greet me.
From my neck to my butt there is much soft tissue damage.
I think my ego hurts worse.
Bought a car yesterday with help from my mother. It was suppose tobe delivered today but I'll have to wait until the morning....what's the hurry...I am not allowed to drive for two more weeks if I'm lucky then. The new "Ciaramobile" is not going to be dog friendly like my Blazer was.
It will do though...it's a Grand Prix with only 35,500 miles on it. It also has a sunroof & a BOSE stereo system but I was not looking at that..(yea,right)
I let my friend who owns the dealership & my mom decide the ride. I hate car shopping so much I was ready for a ten-speed after only 15 minutes.

Remember what I said last week when Tropical storm Arlene was coming ?..."catch you all on the flip side"?

I really didn't mean it....honest!

I have had so much company lately...Ciara & I are looking forward to quiet time.

lilith_rizel
June 17th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Oh, Karin, that's horrible news. But glad to know that things are getting a little better.... :grouphug:

chico2
June 18th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Karin,good to hear some encouraging news,I am glad you're on the mend :thumbs up
I think you have had your share of troubles for a while,it's straight up-hill from now on,with your new Bose stereo system that came with a car!!

kandy
June 18th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Karin: Sounds like your sense of humor isn't bruised! LOL I am so glad that you're feeling better (at least enough to make jokes!). We used to have a full sized blazer with a solid steel winch bumper on it. We had lent it to a friend and he got into a wreck in it. He was on a service road, stopped, waiting to turn left when a mazda came flying over the hill, crossed into his lane and hit him almost head on. The impact was enough to pick the blazer up off the ground, turn it around and shove it about 100 yards down the road (according to the witnesses). It snapped the frame in two places, snapped the drive line in half, and folded that winch bumper up like it was made of tin foil. Of course, the car was much worse and the driver had to be cut out of it and life flighted to the closest big city (200 miles). Our friend wasn't seriously injured but the blazer was totalled - bummer - that was the greatest thing for 4 wheeling! It could go backwards up hills that most trucks couldn't go up forwards! :p

Karin
June 18th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Karin: Sounds like your sense of humor isn't bruised! LOL I am so glad that you're feeling better (at least enough to make jokes!). We used to have a full sized blazer with a solid steel winch bumper on it. We had lent it to a friend and he got into a wreck in it. He was on a service road, stopped, waiting to turn left when a mazda came flying over the hill, crossed into his lane and hit him almost head on. The impact was enough to pick the blazer up off the ground, turn it around and shove it about 100 yards down the road (according to the witnesses). It snapped the frame in two places, snapped the drive line in half, and folded that winch bumper up like it was made of tin foil. Of course, the car was much worse and the driver had to be cut out of it and life flighted to the closest big city (200 miles). Our friend wasn't seriously injured but the blazer was totalled - bummer - that was the greatest thing for 4 wheeling! It could go backwards up hills that most trucks couldn't go up forwards! :p

You're gonna make me cry allover again..*still mourning the Blazer*

My car was delivered today. I get to look at it at least. I worked today so I did get to drive it from the office to my driveway. (I can see my office door from where I am sitting now) It is nice. I could have used a better color, it's kinda a shocking blue with red pin stripping. Very comfy & the stereo rocks! Then a friend picked me up to get few grocerys in the house.
Insurance, medical bills, dealing with the towing/storage of the blazer, and I can't forget about the law will keep me from driving for a while. Everything is still fresh and not settled yet not to mention I am still under doctor orders not to drive. If something should happen while I'm behind the wheel, I'm screwed. I have yet to talk to the highway patrol which handled the accident so I am not sure of any charges..if any. They know where to find me anyways. I just started today filling out the insurance claim forms, already did an over-the-phone deposition. Monday looks like a very busy day doing phone calls & paperwork. My goal is to get this all behind me before the black & blue marks fade...the mental pain of all this has taken a bigger toll on me than the physical pain. I want to move forward regards of how I feel. Working again has helped alot.

lilith_rizel
June 18th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Karin, I hope things really do get better for you. I'll keep praying.