Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am never moving ever again...

Prin
June 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM
In this ghastly heat, we've painted our little house, redone the electricity, replaced the bathroom sink, and moved. I have never sweat so much for so long in my entire life. You lift a fork and you break out in sweat. But it's over now... Not the heat, the moving... :)

It's fun to have a little house and the doggies love it, but despite the mold, bad neighbors, enormous hydro bills, parking tickets, traffic, traffic, dust from traffic, I will actually miss the old apartment a lot. We were there for 4 years...

I calculated that on our old street, there was an average of about 24000 cars a day (!!), and here there are at most 50. Huge difference, both in our future health and in our doggies' chances of getting hit by a car.

So I don't know if you've all noticed but I've been MIA for a couple of weeks ( :eek: ) and now that I've moved in (well, not all the boxes are unpacked...), I can get my batting average back up-- 2 weeks without posting much and I've only gone down by 2 posts/day... :D

I just hope we never ever have to move ever again... I so hate it. You think you're done and you open a cupboard and it starts again... I'm just glad we didn't have to do it on July 1st... :eek:

Oh, I forgot--- We have a resident toad. He's huge and green (!?). He lives under my stairs. Supposedly frogs and toads are good because they are among the first to go when the ecosystem is unhealthy...

april21h1
June 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I also hate moving. I told my BF when I moved in that I am not moving again unless I can pay someone to move me :D or he can leave :D .

sammiec
June 13th, 2005, 10:09 AM
I'm moving this coming Sat....

I am looking forward to this move only because we finally are moving to a house with a backyard and three bedrooms!!! I can't wait!! And we're moviong from a very highly populated nieghbourhood to a much smaller neighbourhood! I can't wait!

LOL plus being preggo, I don't have to do any of the hard stuff or the painting! hehehe....

Luba
June 13th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Yes everyone be careful exerting during this heat!

DO you hear me Sam??? That means you too!!

Eleni
June 13th, 2005, 10:14 AM
glad your move went well,

hows the dogs handling it?

I remember you mentioning one of them was a little nervous

Eleni

Copper'sMom
June 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Welcome back Prin! :D I was wondering where you have been! Boo and Jemma will be thrilled to have their own yard!

Prin
June 13th, 2005, 05:03 PM
glad your move went well,
hows the dogs handling it?
I remember you mentioning one of them was a little nervous
Eleni

Boo is still a little freaked out but they're both so tired after this week (work+heat), they sleep so much. No throwing up so far (yey). He did run away a few times though-- he goes on little adventures when we turn our backs for a second-- he usually comes back but yesterday he went to the back of someone's yard and when I called him, he was apparently ramming his head on the fence trying to get through (I guess he figures if he can go through bushes he can go through anything...). Lucky nearly everybody here has a dog or three so they're very understanding... :o .

Jemma seems fine-- a bit submissive and quiet and clingy, but otherwise ok. They actually get excited now when we are somewhere else and I say "Let's go to the house."

It's much better here for them than in the tiny apartment on the second floor, so there is no reason they should hate it, I guess. We just have to save up and put a good fence in so they can be out more (without Boo wandering after a smell).

I have to say it is so quiet here. Birds ALL the time. Church bells... It's the kind of neighborhood you hear about on tv... Never thought I'd live here. We are already breathing so much better than at the apartment. I just hope there are no long term effects of living in mold, rats and traffic-- I know there are...

I just don't know what crime is like here though. I'm naively thinking it's ok here because the houses are all so tiny. Crooks would be better off in a richer neighborhood...

Tomorrow the heat wave is supposed to slowly break for some rain. You can bet I'm going to be outside all week in the rain... (I'm not preggo, so I had to work all week and paint and carry... Hernia schmirnia. :p )

Luvmypit
June 14th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Prin it sounds like me and you are in the same boat. I am moving in less then two weeks from a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor. I live over a busy street and its so dusty in here I can't stand it. I am moving to a great neighbourhood right on Lake Ontario. We also do not have a fence as our new house is 3 years old and no fence yet. I am dreading every minute of it... I do not like change. I lived in one house for 20 years and this apartment for 2 and one other house when I was a baby. I told my hubby that Iw on't move ever again. Maybe with in the same neighbourhood I don't know. I am so excited though for Capone. His first ever yard. He loves the balcony though (its the biggest balcony you will ever find).
I know to the concerns about living off of a busy street where ever ones emmisions seap into your house. I wake up stuffed up. I can't wait to breath again!

glasslass
June 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Groan! We're in the process of selling our house, temporarily staying in my Mom's guest room. Then looking for a larger house to move into and then selling my mom's house. I guess we'll survive!? Trying not to look ahead - just accomplish one step at a time!

Cactus Flower
June 14th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a wonderful place! Hope you're settling in ok.

Prin
June 14th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Prin it sounds like me and you are in the same boat. I am moving in less then two weeks from a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor. I live over a busy street and its so dusty in here I can't stand it. I am moving to a great neighbourhood right on Lake Ontario. We also do not have a fence as our new house is 3 years old and no fence yet. I am dreading every minute of it... I do not like change. I lived in one house for 20 years and this apartment for 2 and one other house when I was a baby. I told my hubby that Iw on't move ever again. Maybe with in the same neighbourhood I don't know. I am so excited though for Capone. His first ever yard. He loves the balcony though (its the biggest balcony you will ever find).
I know to the concerns about living off of a busy street where ever ones emmisions seap into your house. I wake up stuffed up. I can't wait to breath again!
SAME BOAT. I hate change too and it is really hard to cope. I rationally know that this place is much better than the old, but I close my eyes and I remember exactly where everything is inside the old apt. I hadn't had a home since I was 11 until that apartment, and even then it took me a couple of years to feel really at home there. Now I'm back to feeling like a stray. I hate the boxes everywhere. They are there to trip you at night to remind you that you are not home yet. My boyfriend keeps telling me we have a lot of time to settle in, but I want everything to be in its place NOW. I want to be home now.

Boo is getting more and more settled. He has rediscovered his love for the Boo Futon, even though it means he sleeps alone in another room. Our old apt was wide open-- like two rooms with two rooms in each separated by an archway. Now there are so many walls between the rooms, lots of toes get stubbed. :D

Jemma is sort of "blazé". She isn't stressed, but isn't comfy either. I think she's waiting for us to go home.

Well see how this week goes. I got one of those fabulous summer colds (my first ever), so I'm trying to take it easy without throwing too many fits about all the boxes piled in the middle of each room... :rolleyes: