Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Melanie- How are your folks doing?

Cactus Flower
June 13th, 2005, 04:28 AM
I can't find your recent thread about your folks being out of water.
I was just wondering how they are doing.

Are you still hauling water for them? Are they staying with you on the weekends? Any hope for disaster funds (or the like) helping out down there? Any funds at least being donated for draught resources?

Still praying for rain, for you all :grouphug: :fingerscr .

melanie
June 13th, 2005, 05:35 PM
thanks thats very sweet of you to inquire....well the drought is still on, no amazing rains yet, but we wait in hope....it has rained a little in sydney, and a bit in the far west, not much but i have heard it is enough for the farmers to try and dry sow crops, its too dam late to be sowing but their gunna try anyway, trying cant hurt....

well i havent taken water this week, i will on the weekend, and no they have not come to stay yet, crap i hope it rains as my mother and i dont get on in person, we can on the phone but not in person, ahhhh god i hope it rains :o so i wont have to face that challenge (i make her feel welcome of course but i know we will fight)...

the government has jsut declared the worst hit areas as natural disaster zones which enables them to access the emergency disaster money, but that should be for the farmes only really, hey supprot the country and deserve the break.

there is an article this wek about a 5yo girl who has never seen rain in her entire life, they are saying there are quite a few kids out west who have enver seen rain, wont it be exciting for them when it does, i would love to see that.....

again thanks so much for caring, i will pass your good vibes and wishes onto my parents, and im sure they would say a big THANK YOU for caring :grouphug: :grouphug:

i am gunna try a rain dance like (prin or was it raingirl sorry ladies, i cnat rememberto early in morn) suggested, well anythign is worth a go really... :D :p

again thanks and big hugs :grouphug: :grouphug:

Prin
June 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM
(not me...)

I hope you get rain. I hope we get some too, but we're not as in need. One day (hopefully not), they'll invent huge fans to direct the rain wherever it's needed (so Vancouver and Ireland don't hog it all).

Eleni
June 13th, 2005, 06:11 PM
too bad we cant ship you water over the ocean

i could just see your mail man delivering jugs and jugs of water labelled compliments of your buddies and furbuddies at pets.ca LOL

till thats possible ill continue praying you get your much needed rain

Eleni

Luba
June 13th, 2005, 06:39 PM
It's been a couple weeks since we had rain here and we just got some today....I can't imagine what you all are going through!!

Keeping the rain dance going....CF I'm sure you can have someone do one :D

Cactus Flower
June 14th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Well, thanks for the update, although I was hoping for better news :sad: .

Gosh.

I don't really know what to write. This is so scary. Your folks have settled right where they want to be, probably worked so hard to get where they are and have what they have.....and now they risk losing it (or the value of the house/land). Their community could become a ghost town because of this draught. And at their age, the last thing they should be worrying about is where their next drop of water is going to come from. It's heartbreaking. "Golden years", this is supposed to be.

I wish the sky would at least cry with them.

I try to imagine how I would feel if my Mom was in this exact situation, and my gut just.....clenches.

I'm glad that disaster funds are becoming available to some, but by golly I still wish it for all.

I'll keep praying for rain. That's all I can do.

My heart goes out to you and your folks, Melanie. I hope you can feel the sincerity in this text.

:grouphug: :fingerscr :grouphug: :fingerscr

melanie
June 14th, 2005, 02:19 AM
thanks guys, feelin the love down here for sure.....

and yes that stinks that this is the golden years, dad has only a few years to retire but they are saying they may have to close where he works because of the drought, and as you know once your over 55yo its dam hard to get a new job or career, thats why he works where he does as it was the only place that would emply him at his age.......OH and i do love my mum, dont get me wrong we just clash alot, but i would never make her feel uncomfortable or bad, and she knows she is welcome, i just hope it rains b4 we get to that....

but the drought has made thier land and house worthless, till it rains it is not worth even trying to get rid of....its jsut time us aussie started adapting, there are alot of jokes going around about showering annually and dogs giving showers :eek: :D

the problem is that even if it does rain it does not make much difference, yeah ppl will get a bit in their tanks but you need months of good rain after drought to make a difference......and alot of this is due to global warming, yeah sure a good part of the world will feelthe effects in time, but it affects us right now, its all related to the poles melting and causing a vortex down near antarctica, which is dragging our rains away, not to mention the effect of global warming on the Elnino, we have had elnino back to back for years, even the oldest of farmers are saying this is very unusual........so do your bit and try to look after your planet, it will help us all.....

and now i know it was rain girl who suggested the dance, sorry honey.....got my shaker out and am movin my booty, hey a girls gotta have fun.....

and i am taking that stinking dog of mine to the beach this weekend, shes jsut soooooo grose (in a not so smelly girl sorta way if ya know what i mean), pheweeeeee, hubby said im dreamin and he cant smell the dog, well after 9 yrs i know her well enough to know that smell, yuck.....

it will rain, it will rain, it will rain,,,,,well one day it has to....and preferably not over sydney this time :rolleyes: and if it does not rain, well we will just have to adapt as only humans know how.....

thanks guys, im certainly feelin your good vibes.....a big thanks from mum and da they need to good vibes......