Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just found this site

TheRipper
June 13th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Don't judge my name please it came from my video game days..lol..anyway I just found this board in search of how to get rid of my flea problem.It is hard to put collars on everyone when we have 6 dog's and about 30 cats wich I would never put a collar on a cat since they climb fences and all.They all get along with each toher so I haft to make sure that everything I put on ethier one is safe for the other one.The reason I have so many dang cats is manily because the 2 indoor cats got out one night and it all started but I finally got all the cats fixed so now I just haft to feed them mainly.Our little boston terrier and poodle mix has the fleas the worst.I am doing a search through the forum and seem to have found some interesting stuff so hopefully it will work.Anyway just saying hello... :fingerscr

iRONKNiGHT
June 13th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Welcome Ripper! :) glad to hear you've got all the cat's fix.. i just hope so..
and i hope you'll be posting pictures?...did you find a cure for your flea problem?

NutmegHF
June 13th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome.. Ripper..

Dogs.. " Revolution " from http://www.petshed.com best prices..

use diatomaceous earth ( food grade ) to powder your cats and spread around your area.. non toxic solution..

Nutmeg

Lucky Rescue
June 13th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Hi there and welcome! So glad to hear you did the responsible thing and got your cats s/n! Better late than never!

Don't bother with flea collars, they do NOT work.

mrjohndoe
June 13th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Hi & Welcome Ripper,

Lot's of kitties! Whew and I thought two were a lot!

If it was an inside problem I could tell you what worked for me was a gas treatment. However, the little critters keep coming back. You know that old song "That Cat Comes Back" it should be more like the fleas come back.

Don't bother with flea collars, they do NOT work.

What do you mean? They seem to be working for me?

TheRipper
June 14th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Thank you for the welcomes.Yes 6 dogs and all the rest cats.I will try to get some pic's up on my website where I can link them here.I have found a few post here and solutions on the fleas I will try.I am thinking for the dog's of just coughing the money up for the frontline collars and maybe trying there bottle spray for the kitties.Yes I am going to try and go get some of the damasicus stuff for the yard and see how it work's.I just got out of knee surgery 6 days ago so the yard may haft to wait a couple more week's.My little boston terrier has them bad and even giving her bathes every 3 days does not keep them at bay.That is why I will get the collars friday for sure.Thanks for the link above I will check it out.

pags
June 20th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Welcome, oh-scary-named one! :) (I understand the video game name thing.. no problem)

If you have problems with indoor fleas I found what I kind of considered an unlikely solution to our problem... It works very well if you combine it with other methods -- the revolution or frontline and of course it is completely necessary to try to get the fleas under control outside before this really works...

But several years ago when we had fleas in the house so bad you could see them hopping around when you walked into a room.. and NOTHING worked... We bought a "Portable Electronic Ultrasonic Repeller". Okay - I was skeptical but we were desperate. The thing works. If the fact that the fleas went away (AND NEVER CAME BACK) is any indication then the darned things work! We have three for our house.. and they work better on hard floors (we simply put them in our rooms with tiled floors and they tend to take care of our carpeted floors..)... but they do work. We also have never again seen an ant or a cockroach or.. well just about anything except spiders. (Apparently you're able to set our unit to repel spiders or set it to repel other bugs... Maybe we should buy another and set it to 'spiders') And no pesticides - no chemicals.. nothing. Very nice.

Anyway -- that's my product promotion for the day. Their website http://www.weitech.com They should pay me for this!

Again welcome and good luck!
--pags

Cactus Flower
June 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Do they bother pets, pags?

pags
June 21st, 2005, 01:00 AM
Oh oh good question CF! Sorry I should have mentioned that!!
The documentation states that you shouldn't use them if you have small rodent pets -- guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, etc. Obviously they use these repellers to repel pesky rodents and I suppose there's no way to differentiate between the rodents you like and the ones you don't like...