Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He's in the water!!

levimh
June 12th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I thought I would post these pictures because I'm so proud of Levi today - he finally went into the water. When I first got him, he would literally walk around a puddle and would shake his paw furiously if he ever stepped in one. I took him to the "beach" (a rocky beach) and he actually went in the water by himself. Mind you, it was only up to his belly, but still!

levimh
June 12th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I think he's wondering what he should do next.

levimh
June 12th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I like the way he's standing in this one. Looks a little awkward.

goldenblaze
June 12th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Very cute, just like kids not too sure about this big bath tub :eek: Love the name.

Cactus Flower
June 12th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Ah, you'll make a waterdog of him yet!

He's such a handsome fella- I love the white accent around his nose (and wouldn't complain if you posted a good shot of his face to show it off.....)

levimh
June 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Ah, you'll make a waterdog of him yet!
You're right about that! It's taken me about 1 year to get this far!!

Here's a picture before he went in the water (he's waiting for me to throw a ball in my hand).

Cactus Flower
June 12th, 2005, 04:33 PM
There's that wonderful mug of his! Thank you for posting it.
He's beyond cute!

goldenblaze
June 12th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Gorgeous dog, his coat colour is really nice. Eyes saying how much he wants to learn so happy, I was read a dogs brian is like a sponge so true :)

Toonces
June 12th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Way to go Levi!!
He is adorable and such a sweet kissable face.

Must be the hot weather because yesterday our girl Brandy went in for the first time aswell, she would do the same thing, stay around the edge and put her feet in but no furthur but yesterday she jumped right in, we got out the water kong and she was thrilled. here she is with it in her mouth and her sister Currie beside her.

levimh
June 12th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Oh wow, they're right in there, aren't they?! Good for them! :)

Is it true that dogs don't like getting the top of their heads wet? Or is that just a preference by individual dogs?

doggy lover
June 12th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Tucker loves the water, we went to the cottage this weekend and it was so hot I had a hard time getting him out of the water.

Lissa
June 13th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Good for Levi :D !! I bet you are beyond proud of him - and I know exactly how you feel because Doger went swimming, for the first time at the lake on Saturday!! I was so happy!

Just like Levi, Dodger is a bit anxious around the water. He does walk through it but has a concerned look on his face. NOT ANY MORE!!

Perhaps if you can take Levi somewhere that you can go in the water too he'll feel more comfortable!? That's what worked for Dodger - I just jumped in, he loved the splashes and was right behind me!

Of course, I must share a few pictures:

A retrieving hound?

Lissa
June 13th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Affirmative! Dodger must be a retriever under that hound disguise!

Lissa
June 13th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Then again, maybe not! A baying-water-hound :D !? This is the best pciture of the day - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Lissa
June 13th, 2005, 09:20 AM
levimh: don't worry, I'm sure that Levi will one day swim, it takes a lot of time and trust.
This is Dodger in April - have you ever see anything so pathetic?

Lissa
June 13th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Sometimes, they just need to right encouragement! Here's Dodger chasing a duck through the shallow water!

Prin
June 13th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Toonces-- be careful with that kong-- it doesn't float high enough for them to see it sometimes and you might end up going for an unexpected swim...

I haven't been up to my parent's cottage too much so far, but here's them last fall... Kong Air Dogs are the best in the water.

levimh
June 13th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I need to show Levi all these pictures of dogs that are actually IN the water, all the way! Great pictures, BTW!

Toonces
June 13th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Lissa I love the one of him baying in the water, he is just to cute!

Thanks for the tip Prin I really woundn't want to go in the pond ewwwwww

Copper'sMom
June 13th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Yay for Levi!!

My dog was afraid to go in the lake at first too, but once I went in with him, he loved it! Now, it's hard to keep him out of any water(except the tub!). He also tries to go in my mom's little pond too!! So watch Levi closely if he's around people's ponds!!

Princesss04
June 17th, 2005, 09:06 PM
What a good boy! We are taking Meater and Chino to the creek today to let them play! :D