blazingJs
June 12th, 2005, 11:54 AM
removed per request.

Safyre
June 12th, 2005, 12:06 PM
removed at OP's request.

Safyre
June 12th, 2005, 12:15 PM
well, at least anyone else reading will know where she is now..
what exactley are you trying to find out? there are many ppl on this website that are involved in rescue in ontario, and should be able to help, but will need speicifically what you are looking for.

I am not involved in rescue, and decided to look on petfinder after your other thread post .. and found brandy. .. didn't know what you already knew.

LL1
June 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
You should contact Barlee's and ask your questions.Why are you worried about this dog?

Lucky Rescue
June 12th, 2005, 02:19 PM
I don't know what you mean, but if this dog is with Barlees', it's in good hands.

Hmmm..just checked and this dog IS listed with Barlees', but apparently is in a shelter and urgently needs a home.

Have you contacted them?

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4575041&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=42ac8b6261172aac-app1&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Safyre
June 12th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Lr - Check this persons other thread http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=141216#post141216
They were given some bad information it seems, and it raised some flags for them.

Lucky Rescue
June 12th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, there ARE many fraudulent and abusive people posing as rescues these days, but I can tell you positively that Barlees is NOT one of them.

LL1
June 12th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Sounds like they were told false accusations by their mother,or they are trying to cause a problem here.

They were given some bad information it seems, and it raised some flags for them.

Lucky Rescue
June 12th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I see.
I asked my Mother (who is a 25 year humane socitiey active member) who said that a "rescue" that charges upwards of $300 a dog is not on the "up and up" so to speak

This is absolutely untrue. The fact alone that a rescue charges 300$ does NOT mean they are doing anything unethical. There are many other factors to consider.

Rescues are non-profit and run by volunteers, not salaried employees. If they get a dog who is sick, intact or pregnant, it can cost a great deal of money to return that dog to health and care for it long enough to get it adopted. A reputable rescue (like Barlees') makes sure all dogs adopted out are healthy, dewormed, spayed and neutered. In addition, they are usually living in a foster situation, so adopters will also know if the dog is good with cats, kids etc. PLUS, the dogs are crate and housetrained.

I sure think all that is worth 300$.

A rescue who does none of this, and is charging 300$ is not someone I would adopt from.

So blazingJS, have you contacted Barlees'? You seem to know this dog - was it stolen, or did it end up at the shelter under suspicious circumstances?

Luba
June 12th, 2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.adoptadogsavealife.com

I can personally vouch for this above organization.

If you're not set on a specific dog, the above rescue is wonderful, in our area and has been operational for 20 years. The lady that runs it fantastic! :D

Lucky Rescue
June 13th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I don't know if the OP is coming back, but...

but I know that Barlee's is involved. I need to know other information, if you know what I mean.

What exactly are you implying with this? Please don't hint at wrongdoing by this organization, since to the best of my knowledge, they have done NOTHING wrong concerning this dog or any other dog.

If no reply, I will delete this thread.

Prin
June 13th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I think the OP should ask other people what the price range for a rescue doggy is, and not just go by "My Momma said..." I wouldn't pay $20-30 for a pet. Seems to me they're the ones not in the "up and up".

Safyre
June 13th, 2005, 11:33 AM
LR - i don't think you should delete the thread, but edit his post to take out the comment on Barlees.
They were given false information and therefore suspecting rescues of wrong doing. just edit the name, i'm guessing this OP is going to come back... I was pm'ing with them and they seem to really want this particular dog.

Luba
June 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Hold on a min folks! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about rescues. IF this person had a bad experience, if even with a rescue you like....don't sensor them that's like dictatorship.

Let's wait and see if they return and please for heaven's sakes don't edit any info from the thread that way....it's not like they cursed is it???

Regardless, if you support Barlee's or not everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Cactus Flower
June 13th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Luba, there is a new rule that went into effect on pets.ca since you were gone. It states that you can't post the name of an organization that you are discrediting, except for in pm's. I think there might be a sticky note about this somewhere (not sure). That's probably why there is some question as to whether or not to leave the name of the rescue in this thread.

Luba
June 13th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks CF ...I wasn't aware and if that is the case it's ridiculous. Talk about controlling free speech.

Can I get a moderators/admin's opinion on this please and an explanation.

Lucky Rescue
June 13th, 2005, 01:30 PM
The only info edited out of this thread was edited by the authors of the posts, and not by the mods or admin.

Vague and anonymous accusations aimed at rescues by someone who has a grudge (maybe turned down for an animal) can harm people and certainly can hurt the animals who desperately need homes.

These ungrounded accusations are also considered to be libel.

Information about specific organizations can be relayed through PMs or email.