Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

washing baby blanket?

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
How do I wash a crochet baby blanket. Judith just spit up her dinner, ham and veggies... yummy.

I would like to know asap, so the blanket doesn't stain. It has sentimental values, and was made by my aunt for Judith.....

BMDLuver
June 11th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Is it cotton crochet or wool crochet or synthetic crochet? Type of material makes a difference what you do with it.

Luba
June 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I've hand washed my crocheted things in luke warm water, rinsed in cool then lay flat to dry. Use a mild soap and don't rub to forcefully or it will turn very fuzzy wuzzy and the thread may split and frey. After fully dry you can put it through the dryer to soften it a little.

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I have now idea what my aunt made it with. I think it is probably cotton, but not sure.

Thanks Luba, I will try hand washing it.... I just didn't want to do anything with it.... Good thing I waited too, because I have been told that they can go in the wash, but didn't want to risk it, unless I knew for sure....`

I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks guys

twinmommy
June 11th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I picked up Baby Oxy Clean at Walmart.....works wonders!!
And yes definitely hand wash!!

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I just hope it comes out. The side she spit up on is white, and it was veggie and ham that is all over it. so it is a nice orange color.... I did wipe as much as possible off with a wipe, and the color dulled alot.... Right now it is soaking a little. I will be washing it an about 5 10 min....