Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crazy preggo cravings!!!

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Thought that this could be interesting.....

What are the craziest cravings you or someone you know had when they were pregnant?

Mine:

White American cheese with tomato sause as a dip.....
Babcon bit sandwich
Spagetti (I know there is an h in there some where) with melted yellow american cheese and sauce.....

raingirl
June 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry..have to ask. What is "white american cheese" and "Yellow American cheese"?

never been pregnant yet though (hopefully one day!) so can't answer the cravings thing.

Karin
June 11th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Deja vu.

Vanilla ice cream & onion dip, together, don't knock it til you try it.

With my son it was anything wintergreen. Anything and all. Pine Sol was something I cleaned with every day & I hate the stuff now.

Bean burritos. Lovely atmosphere we had for almost 7 months. That was all I would/could eat. My ex traveled for Taco Tico bean burritos and bought them bulk. Now my son lives in Texas....go figure?

Geesh....hind sight is importent afterall!

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Raingirl,

There are 2 different kinds of american cheese, white, and yellow. You see them alot as sandwich slices..... I didn't know there was white american until recently..... bought it for hubby, and the only way I eat it is if it is with tomato sause!! I definately think it is going to be a boy. Everything is completely different than when I was preggo last time.....

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I have been wanting anything with tomatoes in general. I eat canned stewed tomatoes right out of the can, almost daily.... ha.....

JDG
June 11th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry..have to ask. What is "white american cheese" and "Yellow American cheese"?

I believe the rest of us call that 'Cheddar'. . . . :p :rolleyes: ;) :) :p :p

haha

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 06:30 PM
JDG, is it actually cheddar? I only get the slices, so it looks alot different. We only by blocks of colby......

JDG
June 11th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Like 'Kraft Singles' Yeah, that is fake cheddar. . .like cheese whiz, or cheese in a can. . .its flavoured to taste like cheddar. . . . .

raingirl
June 11th, 2005, 06:41 PM
When I hear American Cheese I think of Homer Simpson in one of the episodes where he stays up all night eating american cheese.

"64 slices of american cheese...agrhagagrah"

Safyre
June 11th, 2005, 07:07 PM
so white american cheese would be .. mozzerella?

I love the differences in American vs Canadian for how we refer to things, and different sayings.

Anyways, cravings, I have never been rpegant, but here is afew that I know of (friends, my own mother)
BEER, Balck Licorice, ANYTHING CREAMY. lol That last one, we figured out that Fries, dipped in Creamy Ceasar dressing is very good. Pickles with cookies'n'dough ice cream (that was a request by a pregnant customer one night) , BBQ hamburgers, my bestfriend is still stuck on that, umm, can't think any any more right now. I know tons, I hear them the time, I'm the only one in a group of friends that has not had a child

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 07:25 PM
a trend back in highschool was fries dipped in chocolate shake, actually REALLY good. I will have to try the creamy ceasar dressing. That sounds delicious!!!

All this talk about food is making me hungry, AGAIN!

Sneaky2006
June 11th, 2005, 07:56 PM
American cheese is American cheese, it comes from mixing cheddar, colby and other cheeses and then it's pasteurized to prevent spoiling. The white and yellow are actually yellow and orange in color. The white and yellow taste almost the same, even being different colors. And yes, Kraft slices ARE fake... not real American cheese, it has oils and other garbage in it, or so I hear.

Jackie467
June 11th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I'v never been preggo. but my one friend craved corn flakes with green jello on them. :yuck: and it had to be GREEN jello. But then again she ate some weird things before she was preggo lol.

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I am staying up late just to make cookies. I have a terrible craving all of a sudden for them.... maybe I will make a cake too.... I just want sweets now, and I am sick of popsicles.....

twinmommy
June 11th, 2005, 09:39 PM
hee hee hee, The summer that I was pregnant was so hot, I was afraid to turn on the oven to make my cookies(yes I did it too!! :D ) so I made them in the TOASTER oven!!! LOL

Had to, Had to, Had to!!!! :D

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I am happy we have air, otherwise I would have to be up during the night to make the cookies..... I think i went through a phase like this with Judith too, where I always had to have sweet things. I know at the beginning of this pregnancy, I craved lemon juice. I still have some in the fridge.....

My cookies are in the oven. Making spritz cookies, even though i don't have a cookie press, but oh well, I don't care....

Safyre
June 11th, 2005, 10:47 PM
I've heard that fries dipped into sundays are good as well (thats from my brother, obviously not a pregnant craving)

Cactus Flower
June 11th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Bean burritos. Lovely atmosphere we had for almost 7 months. That was all I would/could eat.

LOL Karin!

I tell my son that I made him out of tacos and green Kool Aid. MAJOR craving that lasted all nine months (and I hated tacos before pregnancy).

lilith_rizel
June 12th, 2005, 12:35 AM
huh... wouldn't you know it, I finished making the cookies, then I didn't want them anymore......lol. Oh well......

Bearsmom
June 13th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Plain Ruffles chips and dill pickle dip.

Steamed fresh green beans.

And the one that made my husband GAG:

Peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches on white Wonder Bread.

Eleni
June 13th, 2005, 01:10 PM
with Hope I craved apple juice and lots of it

with Issac it was peanut butter sandwiches

with Ty it was anything chineese food

Eleni

Writing4Fun
June 13th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Peanut butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches on white Wonder Bread.
Ya know, Bearsmom, you're doing wonders for my diet today! :p Between this lovely recipe, and the visual from the "topless" thread, I think you've put me off eating for a week...

(ok, maybe not a week...)

Bearsmom
June 13th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Yer welcome.

Now if someone could just gross ME out.....