Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What are your favorite Flowers/Plants?

april21h1
June 11th, 2005, 10:42 AM
A couple of us started this on another thread so I thought why not start it on a new one.

I love roses does not matter the kind, especially blue roses. I also like lilacs.

iRONKNiGHT
June 11th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Since i just Love Flowers.. go ahead POst Pictures of your Favorite flowers..
Thanks April..

Again my favorite flowers this month are Carnations..
http://www.jerseyproduce.com/images/15-mixed-carnations.jpg

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 11th, 2005, 11:23 AM
I like perrenials and pretty much anything that will grow and has color. I have two big huge daisy plants in my front garden they are starting to flower now. I usually tell people to help themselves as there is about 100 flowers on each one. I just planted a purple daisy plant last year, it has one daisy on it, I am hoping it will flourish like the other ones.

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 11:24 AM
I love cacti too.... And ivy.....

Safyre
June 11th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I was in the other thread as marko clsoed it ..lol bad timing
My fave flowers are daisy's and lillies.
Alas, the only pic if have, is of the one inked on me

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Tiger lilies are really pretty. I wanted to plant some this year, but we didn't have the money to make a bigger garden. And with us, all ground is nothing but sand and clay. Our litte gared we have cost us nearly $80 and it is about 3.1.5 feet! So I guess I will have to wait until next year.....

Cactus Flower
June 11th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Blue bachelor buttons!

raingirl
June 11th, 2005, 01:42 PM
PLUMERIA!!! They are a tropical plant, and the flowers are used to make fragrant hawaiian leis! I have 8 plants right now. Fell in love with them after going to Hawaii! THey have long thick leaves, and large clusters of fragrant 5 petal flowers. They range in colours from white, yellow, orange, red or pink.

here is a pic of what they look like in pots (similar to the size of mine are now). Technically they are a tree, and can grow to 40 feet, but with pruning and such, they can make great potted tropicals. They go dormant in the winter when they require no care (just keep them in a place above freezing). Mine woke up about 2 months ago, and should start to get flower stalks soon. They usually don't flower until August or later, as the cooler northern temps make them flower slower.

http://www.insideplantslive.org/images/ipl/RSSi/Plumeria%20grouping%20300x400.jpg

http://www.museums.org.za/bio/images/enb6/enb06174x.jpg

http://www.tropical.orcon.net.nz/images/Plumeria-Dark-Pink-1.jpg

Prin
June 12th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Mine are Lily of the Valley, yellow, pale orange, red (not burgundy), and white roses, and Daisies, in that order. :) Simple flowers for a simple gal. ;)

LL1
June 12th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Bearded Iris!

mrjohndoe
June 12th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Can't smell so love all flowers with lot's of colours.

Because of the heat wave my current flower of choice is the Trillium since it thrives in shade!

chico2
June 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I love all flowers and have plenty...a BIG perennial garden..here are some..

glasslass
June 14th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Balloon flowers! The purple-blue flowers start out like a balloon, then the 4 petals split open wide into full bloom. Every year I think I've lost them, then their leaves emerge and they're back.

chico2
June 15th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Glasslass,I have some balloon-flowers too,just about to bloom :D Too bad they are so short though,at least mine are,but they're pretty.
I love going out every morning checking what has new buds,it gets me excited,some people might say "I need to get a life!"but lifes little pleasures and all that..... :D

nymph
June 15th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Calla lilies, had it engraved on my wedding invitations.
But I also love fragrant flowers like suisen (Tazetta Daffodil).

BeagleMum
June 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM
I like Lilacs and Tulips. Just planted some lilacs in the back yard. Can't wait for them to bloom next spring.

BMDLuver
June 15th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Mine is the Stella d'Oro Day Lily as it blooms from may through october and has a delicate flower. Also very hardy for any zone.

BoxerRescueMTL
June 15th, 2005, 12:54 PM
They come in bright shades of pink, red also, here's a light one..
http://image26.webshots.com/26/5/29/36/345252936VBewTZ_ph.jpg

Dogastrophe
June 15th, 2005, 01:13 PM
PLUMERIA!!! They are a tropical plant, and the flowers are used to make fragrant hawaiian leis! I have 8 plants right now. Fell in love with them after going to Hawaii! THey have long thick leaves, and large clusters of fragrant 5 petal flowers. They range in colours from white, yellow, orange, red or pink.

[/IMG]

What care is required for the winter? Do you have to bring them in or can you insulate?

BMDLuver
June 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM
What care is required for the winter? Do you have to bring them in or can you insulate?
They need to be brought inside by late october in your area. They will not survive potted in below zero temps as they are tropical. Anything below 45F and you are risking them not coming back next year.

Dogastrophe
June 15th, 2005, 01:21 PM
They need to be brought inside by late october in your area. They will not survive potted in below zero temps as they are tropical. Anything below 45F and you are risking them not coming back next year.

Thanks for the info I'm always looking for new stuff for my jungle and will check them out.

charoscoe
June 15th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I love tulips, especially dark purple. Plus, they represent the end of winter :party:

Luba
June 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM
How did I miss this thread before!

Big time perennial gardener here. I too love bachelor buttons CF they are beautiful flowers. I made this sign for my mom in the backyard it reads:

"I used to love my garden but now that love is dead. For I found my Bachelor Buttons in my Blackeyed Susan's Bed' :eek:

I love so many varieties and types of flowers. One of my favourite is phlox however. A late summer bloom that is magnificent with fragrance and colour. Also I love Dature, moon lily.

doggy lover
June 16th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I love all flowers from perennials to house plants, I just can't get enough of them.