Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Topless or Not

mrjohndoe
June 10th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Since there has been a thread beating about the bush I figured why not? We all need a little levity. :D

Eleni
June 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM
only time im exposing anything is breastfeeding, and even then I do that as discreetly as possibly

my husband goes shirtless on hot days, im cool with that

my little boy looks so cute walking around shirtless with his skinny lil arms LOL

Eleni

raingirl
June 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
I'm a part-time nudist. I admit it, I love going nude, I walk around apartment nude. I see nothing wrong with it. Now..I don't have kids. Might change my mind when I have kids...I dunno. When I was kid it was perfectly natural for the family to be naked. We never shut the door when using the bathroom. I remember showering with my mom and dad, and I'm not traumatized (as far as I know) but I was very little (under 5).

Don't go nude outside, but I have changed in public without a change room (in the carribean on tucked away beaches, you don't have change rooms. You just strip and dress best you can!! Or strip in the water)

with the dog now, I tend to stay nude only in the bedroom or bathroom...god knows how many bruises I have on my legs from him jumping on me...and that was with pants on!! Dogs have sharp nails and I bruise VERY easily. I have also heard some horror stories of men getting bitten in the wrong places when walking around nude!

I beleive Andy McDowall is a nudist, as is her husband and kids. The whole family walks around naked.

twinmommy
June 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM
All's I'm sayin is that most often the people who ARE topless, most of the time, SHOULD NOT BE.

Just put 'em away, Grandma, they're hiding your belly ring anyways!!! :D

what?

Prin
June 11th, 2005, 01:33 AM
I say all adults or no adults. Can't separate by age, weight, sex, etc just because we don't like what we see sometimes. If you ban all 60-90 year olds from taking off their shirts, no woman would ever see Sean Connery again... ;)
And kids should not be topless in public for fear of disgusting eyes watching...

happycats
June 11th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I think it should be up to the individual (adult) and there is a time and place for everything, go topless on the beach in a park in the yard, I don't care. But please don't go topless in a bank or walking downtown, or at a restaurant!!
When the law first changed here I saw a woman, in a bank topless :eek: The bank workers didn't know what to do, as this was all new, so they allowed her to stay ! a little boy (around 4) was pointing and loudly saying "mommy why are her boobies out of her shirt!!" :D

Writing4Fun
June 11th, 2005, 10:14 AM
a little boy (around 4) was pointing and loudly saying "mommy why are her boobies out of her shirt!!" :D
LMAO!!! :D Kids are the cutest in their innocent honesty, aren't they? My son (almost 6 now) refers to them as "muscles", because that's what they are on his body, so why should they be different on a woman, right? :p

I don't believe in anyone walking around outdoors topless for fear of a) pervs, and b) environmental factors, but that's my personal preference and I definitely think to each their own and there shouldn't be a law against it. I don't walk around the house starkers, either, but I'm not embarassed to change in front of my children (at least not until they're old enough to be embarassed themselves ;) ).

lilith_rizel
June 11th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I think it should be up to the individual (adult) and there is a time and place for everything, go topless on the beach in a park in the yard, I don't care. But please don't go topless in a bank or walking downtown, or at a restaurant!!
When the law first changed here I saw a woman, in a bank topless :eek: The bank workers didn't know what to do, as this was all new, so they allowed her to stay ! a little boy (around 4) was pointing and loudly saying "mommy why are her boobies out of her shirt!!" :D

I agree, topless people, male or female, should be curtious, while in public buildings. I know no one is allowed in stores, banks, ect, unless they have shoes and a shirt on, here.......

happycats
June 11th, 2005, 10:55 AM
LMAO!!! :D Kids are the cutest in their innocent honesty, aren't they? My son (almost 6 now) refers to them as "muscles", because that's what they are on his body, so why should they be different on a woman, right? :p

LOL "muscles" !!!

My son who was 3 at the time (is 4 now) had to go to the bathroom in wal-mart, so we went to the ladies washroom, and I figured since we were in ther anyway, I would go pee too (the washrrom was really busy) as I was going pee (my son was in the stall with me) he said (in a very loud voice) "Mommy why are you peeing out of your bum!!!?? :o :eek: I could hear people burst out laughing!! :o

(He stands when goes pee, so I guess since I was sitting... ;) .......)

Sorry for hi-jacking, :o
I know I would never go topless :eek: and I know I have seen some who shouldn't either, ,but then again, If they are brave enough, then all the power to them!!

Daisy's Owner
June 11th, 2005, 11:00 AM
When the law first changed here

Um. What? Law? Where? What?

I couldn't answer the poll. I have never really given it much thought.

There's a time and a place for everything I guess. To me, a woman going topless in a bank is neither the time nor the place.

marko
June 11th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Where's that bank with topless women again?

ahhh levity... :crazy:

raingirl
June 11th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Daisy's owner, the law she was refering to is in Ontario. In Ontario woman can go topless anytime they want, just like men (no bra, nothing).

kandy
June 11th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I voted for everyone to keep them holstered! I would not want to see most of the people I know running around naked! :p When I was in the caribbean, we were on the way to a beach, and the tour guide told us that there was a nude section of beach about a mile from where we would be. All the guys got excited about that - so she told everyone that although they were all naked, she felt that it wasn't worth the hike to go see because they all needed ironing. :D

On the other hand, since we only have one bathroom in our house, and everyone needs to get ready at the same time every morning, there is no such thing as modesty in my house. In public is a totally different story!

My son who was 3 at the time (is 4 now) had to go to the bathroom in wal-mart, so we went to the ladies washroom, and I figured since we were in ther anyway, I would go pee too (the washrrom was really busy) as I was going pee (my son was in the stall with me) he said (in a very loud voice) "Mommy why are you peeing out of your bum!!!?? :o :eek: I could hear people burst out laughing!! :o

(He stands when goes pee, so I guess since I was sitting... ;) .......)

I had to laugh at this - my best friend's little girl and my son are really close to the same age. One time when they were toddlers, we noticed it was quiet, so we went to check, and here are both kids - buck naked in the bathroom - with Trisha trying to stand up to the toilet to pee and Jeff repeatedly showing her how. It was soooo funny! She couldn't figure out why she didn't have the right parts! :D

mrjohndoe
June 11th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Topless Bank? :thumbs up Where? What? You do mean a financial bank? :evil:

Personally, I've never been one to go topless in public except when swimming. After two bad blistering sunburns learned my lesson.

Won't now with the scar and lot's of extra weight. :rolleyes:

iRONKNiGHT
June 11th, 2005, 12:44 PM
LOL..quite an amusing Thread.. okay so where do you guy's think i Stand on this Subject judging from my Vote?

Cactus Flower
June 11th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Nudity? Before our first date, even?

I think not.

:p

P.S- There is no option on the poll for people who think it's ok for guys but not gals.

Luba
June 11th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Well since women are the only ones with breasts that are not only functional for the bearing of life delivering milk to children, but also 'play things' to look at....I think it only appropriate only a 'womans' vote really matters.

After all, I don't think men would want women voting on whether or not they were allowed to run around with their drawers down to show what little they may or may not have! :p

mrjohndoe
June 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM
After all, I don't think men would want women voting on whether or not they were allowed to run around with their drawers down to show what little they may or may not have! :p

Actually I believe we've had that vote in my place and my girlfriends...I believe I was told to "holster that puppy"! :evil:

mrjohndoe
June 11th, 2005, 08:11 PM
P.S- There is no option on the poll for people who think it's ok for guys but not gals.

Oops! So sorry, can't edit poll either! :cool:

melanie
June 11th, 2005, 08:12 PM
and inmimiickry of the words of a million aussie lads at motorsport events nation wide (i have heard it a few times for sure :p )

'comon ladies, show us ya t!@s" :D

mrjohndoe
June 11th, 2005, 08:17 PM
LOL..quite an amusing Tread.. okay so where do you guy's think i Stand on this Subject judging from my Vote?

U stand exactly where I tought u would! :sick:

Prin
June 12th, 2005, 09:45 AM
The thing is, breasts are only really sexually charged in our society because we conceal them. Why aren't men's breasts looked at in the same way? If it's just the shape or the nipple, most men have it too. In other cultures, feet are sexual and have to stay covered up-- it's only sexual because we make it that way. If we covered up all of our erogenous zones, we couldn't even wear a burqa because what, then, about the eyes?

We have to stop objectifying women and stop sexualizing EVERYTHING and go back to nature! The human body is beautiful in all it's forms, even without being ironed. We just have to look at them differently.

iRONKNiGHT
June 12th, 2005, 09:58 AM
U stand exactly where I tought u would! :sick:

Well if you think it's sick, why did you ask such a Question?
infact i guessed Random..how did you think i got so many votes? lol

mrjohndoe
June 12th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Well if you think it's sick, why did you ask such a Question?
infact i guessed Random..

:sorry: Wrong smiley! :D

how did you think i got so many votes? lol

Multiple Personalities? :evil:

Cactus Flower
June 12th, 2005, 12:59 PM
The thing is, breasts are only really sexually charged in our society because we conceal them. Why aren't men's breasts looked at in the same way? If it's just the shape or the nipple, most men have it too.

I have to disagree. Many, MANY societies and cultures see women's breasts as sexually enticing, not just us here in North America. I bet that (be it good or bad) societies that cover the breasts far outnumber those that don't.

Men's breasts aren't looked at in the same way because they don't LOOK the same way. Having a nipple is not all it takes, or we'd be covering up our mammalian pets :eek: .

And men's are not the same shape, either, oh no indeed. Their breasts are not developed at all.

A woman's breasts are part of the whole picture. They go with the hips, curves and other features that cause women- not just breasts- to be viewed as sexually enticing. Going topless would not remove the sexual associations. There'd just be more fixation upon our other areas, as a result.....we'd live in a world full of butt-lovers! LOL. And I really don't believe that going completely naked is the answer, either.

My opinion, for whatever it's worth.

meggie1425
June 12th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I think everyone should have the right to go topless, I personally would never go out in public topless, i just wouldnt be comfortable doing that. But if ur comfortable, why not, its natural isnt it?

Safyre
June 12th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I agree there are many society's that cover womens breasts, but the point is, in those societies, the breasts are then sexually charged.
In other places around the world, many different things are seens as sexy. Eyes, Lips, and even ankles become sexy, because they are covered, or veiled.
By walking around topless, yes, we would then find something else to be attracted to, sexually, might be butts... why not.

I don't mind being topless, ro any one else that wants to be topless. In most stores its no shirt, no shoes, no service, so always carry a shirt with ya!

Shamrock
June 12th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Very amusing poll! :crazy:
I had to vote "huh?'... as I didnt know what this was referring to in particular?
Beach - yes.. There's a nude beach here.. for those that like this- why not?
Bank? Dont think so. :D
Time, place - please.

Cactus Flower
June 12th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Yes, it is "natural". But there are a lot of things that are "natural" that I wouldn't consider doing in public.....

chico2
June 12th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Well,being a Swede,my kids were always naked on the beach,until a certain age...it was soo cute,no diapers in the water.But arriving in Canada I was quickly told about covering the babies up,unless I wanted the police to charge me.
Myself,I keep my bathingsuit on,I have been known to drop the top,but only in a very demure matter....boobs are boobs and some guys have bigger ones than me :D
Now,at my age the top stays on,I could not imagine anyone walking in to a bank top-less,what's the point??? That's plain stupid!!

melanie
June 12th, 2005, 05:28 PM
i am wondering, is it really that hot in canada to justify doing the banking with no top on?? does it really get that hot, it sure does here :D

Eleni
June 12th, 2005, 05:50 PM
it does get to 30+ sometimes in summer, but seeing as banks are usually air conditioned to nearly the freezing point LOL going topless would be pointless there

Eleni

Safyre
June 12th, 2005, 06:44 PM
well, what do you consider hot Melanie?
12 Jun 2005 15:00 EDT 29 Celcius 72% Humidity Wind SSE 11 Humidex 40

That was the high in the last 24 hours, and that was at least 6 degrees cooler than yesterday, or any other day this week.

Imperial, as I cannot remember what Australia uses
Temp 85 F Humidex 104

doggy lover
June 12th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I've gone topless at my cottage, hell I went skinny dipping in a neighbours pond. I wouldn't do it in the city though as things are looking a little south in my old age. But if my son isn't around yeah I go topless, he doesn't like to see me with no clothes on, says its just wrong what does a 16 year old know?

melanie
June 12th, 2005, 08:43 PM
nah were a totally metric country, celcius only, we didnt even cover farenheit at school, it has no meaning for me, imperial huuh, what i dont know about that dont know a mile, foot or inch, its all metric man and has been since the 70's.........

29c thats getting warm, our summer at my town is an average of 35c daily, topping 45c quite often, the school kids love that, the schools have to close own at 42 deg c.....do your schools close in heat, nah your probably nicer to your kids and have AC or such :D i love love love a goot hot summer, i woudl rather be hot than cold any day....but we are a very arid country and humidity can play a huge roll, it could be 40c out with a low humidity which makes it feel diff, or it can be 26c with 99% humidity and thts a killer....

crap i would hate to be closer to that equater :D :D

and yeah i always go topless around the yard and house, or wear bikini everywhere, even shopping, i dont care im jsut hot and i dont care what im flashing, im too focused on the heat to care, and i for one love womans bodies of all shapes and sizes, i find them beautiful and am happy to have the lot on display, i dont mind, gravity gets us all one day, its natural and i love to see ppl comfy and happy.......and if you dont like what you see, well common sense says dont look.........and half the world looks ugly with its cloths on, they would probably look better naked......

Safyre
June 12th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I thought Australia was metric, just wanted tob e safe in case i was incorrect (it happens sometimes)

And our schools do NOT shut down for heat. There is only one school in my city with air conditioning, and thats a high school (grade 6 -12) . All other schools have fans, maybe. We only go to school Spetember through June. usualyl its not this hot in June, we're just in a wicked heat wave.
It has yet to hit 40 C without humidex yet, but our humidity is always high.
I would prefer dry heat over humid heat.
and I would rather be cold than hot ... you can keep putting on clotheswhen cold, but hot, all you can do is be naked,... and thats not enough sometimes!

Prin
June 13th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Yes, it is "natural". But there are a lot of things that are "natural" that I wouldn't consider doing in public.....
Like stuff people do in their cars while the "magic windows" made of clear glass conceal them from the world...

Cactus Flower
June 13th, 2005, 02:39 AM
LOL Prin! I refuse to comment, on the grounds that it may incriminate me....

Schwinn
June 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM
And men's are not the same shape, either, oh no indeed. Their breasts are not developed at all.

Unfortunately, this is not entirely true... *shudder* :yuck:

I don't think anyone should be topless unless they are on the beach. To me, it's about class. That, and it's never the ones I want to see topless.

Bearsmom
June 13th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Seriously never felt the need to go topless (there's a lot to be said for mystery, isn't there).

Driving home from the cottage yesterday, I saw the largest set of moobies I've ever seen in my life. He also had a tremendous amount of back hair which had some lovely droplets of sweat all over it. And this was in line at Mcd's in Alliston. Needless to say, I didn't eat. Charming, buddy, but put a freakin shirt on, wouldja?

Writing4Fun
June 13th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Driving home from the cottage yesterday, I saw the largest set of moobies I've ever seen in my life. He also had a tremendous amount of back hair which had some lovely droplets of sweat all over it. And this was in line at Mcd's in Alliston. Needless to say, I didn't eat. Charming, buddy, but put a freakin shirt on, wouldja?
Oh, ugh!! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: There went lunch. :( Thanks for that visual - NOT!! :p

mrjohndoe
June 13th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I saw the largest set of moobies I've ever seen in my life. He also had a tremendous amount of back hair which had some lovely droplets of sweat all over it. And this was in line at Mcd's in Alliston.... Charming, buddy, but put a freakin shirt on, wouldja?

All you had to do was ask! :evil:

Eleni
June 13th, 2005, 01:15 PM
oh my god! that is all i can say to that

:eek: :eek: :eek:

nymph
June 13th, 2005, 01:32 PM
If someone could stand the public envy/humiliation/whatever to walk around naked, why not let her/him?

Bearsmom: moobies? lmao, seriously! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/17.gif

doggy lover
June 13th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Thank god I never stopped there on my way home from the cottage yesterday then as we drive right past there, thats like plumers crack and hairy backs yuck!

Prin
June 14th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Hairy backs-- ROAR. lol. We should do a study of pinky toe lengths vs. quantity of hair on a person's back. They say as we are evolving, we're gradually losing our baby toes, so if they're closer to hairy monkeys, theirs might be on average longer than ours, right?

Moobies... lol. "That bro is definitely the wrong size for those moobies." :D

I've seen men with better shaped moobs than most girls I know. Cactus Flower, you're lucky you've never seen 'em in their FULLest glory... :yuck:

Like I said before, allow 'em all or ban 'em all. No more double standards.

Luvmypit
June 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM
I tanned topless in Dominican until we started hanging around some people and then I felt I knew them and I didn't want them seeing my ummm,..moobies

So for me I would totally do it if no one was looking or no one I knew was a round. I am not sure why... Just the way I feel .
I don't really care if anyone else goes topless but if some hairy guy dripping sweat goes into a store where I am about to eat that would totally ruin my appetite. That is why they have the no shirts no shoes no service signs

Schwinn
June 14th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I tanned topless in Dominican until we started hanging around some people and then I felt I knew them and I didn't want them seeing my ummm,..moobies

I think moobies stands for Man Boobies, which I don't think you fit. Or you're just a shy guy.

("Thanks, for the mammories...)

Luvmypit
June 14th, 2005, 11:56 AM
See now that went over my head.. I thought people just didn't want to say boobies. lol

What a loser I am. LOL

BeagleMum
June 14th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Most of the people who go nude, really shouldn't! I wish that they would just look in the mirror before leaving the house.

Eleni
June 14th, 2005, 12:02 PM
the more I think about it the more i come to this conclusion

if i had boobs people wanted to see i might let em free, but half the time I dont wanna see them so ill protect others from that trama.

im very comfortable with nudity, and so is most people in my family
we dont walk around nude or anything. but i do ahve 3 kids under the age of 5, you bet i shower with the door open and dress with the door open, even potty with the door open

its no shock to anyone in my home what each others bodies look like.

even to my dismay as my beautiful lil girl mentions how "floppy" my boobs are LOL

it wouldnt bother me to see it in public, if the person was tasteful about it and not being sexual about it

that fine line can be easy to cross

Eleni

Princesss04
June 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I run around the house without clothes (just me and hubby) but I would not do it in public. I will not do it in front of my children either. This is an interesting poll! I read this thread and had to read the poll again I was like what the. LOL :D