Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Copper's Mom-Still Not Smoking?

Shamrock
June 10th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I hope things are going well, and that you've managed to stay on track with this gruelling challenge?
If you have - must be coming up to almost three months now! :highfive:
Fingers crossed for your success.

Copper'sMom
June 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks Shamrock! :D I did have one relapse. My fiance was supposed to be taking care of Zoe while I worked at a friend's sister's wedding one night and I couldn't get a hold of him! Zoe was home alone and I was so worried about her(when we first got her). I left during the dinner to rush home and check on her. I was so mad at him!! I did end up smoking 2 cigarettes that night, but that's been it!! I really didn't miss it as much as I thought I would!

mrjohndoe
June 10th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Keep up the battle! :thumbs up

From one smoker to one former smoker. I wish I was there! Even with a cancer scare and mastectomy I still am stuck to this bad habit. However, I do it outside for my kitties.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 10th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I have about one ciggarette every 2 or 3 weeks, not much but a smoker nonetheless.

kandy
June 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Right there with ya Copper'sMom! I have smoked for about 25 years and have tried to quit more than once. I'm trying it again (no cigarettes since May 1) but this time I really think I'll make it. All the other times I quit, it was always for someone else. This time, its for me. I have asthma, so the smoking was just making it worse and I was tired of always being out of breath if I had to climb stairs or whatever. I feel much better, and at over $30 US for a carton, I'm saving tons of money too. I have been using the nicotine patches, and they seem to be working. I'm on the last step, so after this box is gone, I should be good to go. I've tried all sorts of things, from the stuff on TV that gaurantees that you'll quite within 7 days to the Zyban. The Zyban definitely makes you not give a ***** about the cigarettes, but I found that I didn't give a ***** about anything else either. Felt like I was in a fog all the time. Well, Good Luck to you! :fingerscr

mrjohndoe
June 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Zyban aka Wellbutrin an antidepressant although moderate dose. That's probably why you felt like crap. Reverse side-effects aren't they grand? 30 bucks a carton u r lucky in MA a carton is $50 to $60 US but, then again you slip over to New Hampshire where everything is Tax Free!

Then again I paid around $9 last night for a pack of brand name smokes :evil: