Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Frustrated

Knight Dreamer
June 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I am trying to find information that my vet cannot give me about my female pug who is pregnant and has been bleeding since the seventh day after being breed. We took her to the vet and she felt her and said she feels puppies and is not running a fever. She has a great appetite and shows no sign of any distress. The vet mentioned that they had a dog that was bleeding and went to spay and realized she was pregnant. They stitched her back up and later she delivered healthy puppies, but did spay her after. The vet said they have no facts on why this happens...My question is....has anyone heard of this? :ca:

Luvmypit
June 10th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I have no advice... but if you don't have a good reason for breeding I would suggest you run!!!! j/k....
IF I were you and I would take your guy to another vet or tell your vet to do a more thourough exam and run some tests. A bleeding animal in my eyes needs more then a feel around and a tempature taking

BMDLuver
June 10th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry but that's a load of codwallop. No way can a vet feel puppies seven days after a dog was bred. If you want confirmation that all is well then have an xray done.

Schwinn
June 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Oh, this can't lead anywhere good. *donnes helmet*

BMDLuver
June 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Oh, this can't lead anywhere good. *donnes helmet*
Schwinn, I could just kiss you right now! That gave me the giggle I have needed all day!

Safyre
June 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Pugs are notoriously hard to breed, often only having one litter due to complications.
I know some of the reasons that HUMANS can bleed while pregnant, though I am unsure about dogs.
My suggestion would be, GO TO A BETTER VET. Get advice from a reputable breeder, if you dog is a champion. If your breeding for the h*ll of breeding, well, you'll get nicely jumped on here :)

Dog Dancer
June 10th, 2005, 05:36 PM
You know, I'm sorry I have no advice for the pug issues. But I have to say that Schwinn's post made me giggle too and Safyre saying you'll get nicely jumped on if you're breeding for the h*ll of it both say it all. I love this board and the people on it for their help and humour and mostly their total honesty. Now that the dog is pregnant I do wish you luck.

Prin
June 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Be so careful!!! Pugs have so many genetic issues and this could end up costing you a fortune. :eek: