Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rabbits Foot

jessesmom
June 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Help! Yesterday My 7 yr old son Accidently Pulled the rabbits box out to pet her
and her foot must have been under it? I need suggestions on what to do for her.
She bled a little but seems fine now. I dont have the $ to bring her in so what are my options, animals get hurt out in the wild everday right? :eek:

Eleni
June 10th, 2005, 01:26 PM
honestly Id try to scrap the money together to get the rabit to the vet, or find a vet that will accept a payment plan

the wound could get infected, and there could also be internal damage that you cant tell jsut by looking.

im sure a vet may want to xray it as well to be sure the foot isnt broken

Eleni

Mockingcat
June 10th, 2005, 02:37 PM
It is your responsibility as an owner to be able to afford basic health care for your pet. In many areas of the country, having a wounded animal and not seeking treatment for it is considered animal cruelty and can be tried as such.

There is not a home remedy which will fix this. Your rabbit needs to see a vet, ideally one specializing in pocket pets. Otherwise, you're just teaching your son that animals are disposable creatures.

Trinitie
June 10th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Agreed. As it states in the title of this forum, if the pet is bleeding, bring it to a vet. If you think the rabbit is not injured enough for a vet visit, then that's your perogitive.