Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

any ideas on this mix?

jessi76
June 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM
This is my little guy, Tucker. We adopted him from a shelter at 8wks old, he's almost 13wks now. Someone surrendered the mother to the shelter and she had 5 pups there - thankfully, all were adopted. The mother was DEFINATELY Basenji, however, we don't know what the father was. I was just curious what you guys thought. His tail is long, thin, and curls up like a basenji, but not a tight curl.

Dogastrophe
June 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I would say that he is a mix of cuteness and extreme playfullness, but otherwise I can't be much help :p Love the ears!!

april21h1
June 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Sorry I don't know what mix he might be.
But he is a lil cutee.

Lucky Rescue
June 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
How ADORABLE!! You saw the mother? Your pup has a bit of a pit bull look about him, but it's really hard to say.

jessi76
June 10th, 2005, 10:49 AM
thanks, yes, he's definatly got the cuteness factor - in fact they were all so cute we couldn't choose, we let him choose US. We saw a picture of the mother, and the shelter was SURE she was a basenji. Their best guess on the father was pit bull also, but had no way of knowing for sure. I was just curious as to what you guys thought since you discuss so many breeds here.

BeagleMum
June 10th, 2005, 02:35 PM
That's a tough one, I would say a bit of a Pitt but not much. The wrinkles on the head threw me. Very cute pup.

nymph
June 10th, 2005, 02:42 PM
What a cutie! I would say some Boxer in him.

doggy lover
June 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Wow another Tucker my BC has the same name as your dog, I think someone else here has a Tucker too. I had never met a Tucker before, funny how names that you think no one else has all of a sudden pop up. Nice looking pup could there be a lab in the mix?

BoxerRescueMTL
June 12th, 2005, 11:19 PM
he's got the boxer black mask and forhead wrinkles..i say boxer and/or pitt with the basenji. whatta cutie pie!

jessi76
June 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the replies, and the opinions! My bf thought maybe boxer, but we don't know anyone with a boxer, thus not much experience in the boxer department. I'm not sure about any lab, but his front paws are webbed and he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the water. He actually tries to swim in his water bowl and sticks his head underwater and blows bubbles. (very silly puppy)

I did notice couple people here had a Tucker! We chose it based on the fact that when we got him, he played so hard he got "tuckered out" rather quickly. (as most puppies do, i'm sure!)

Again, thanks for the opinions.

Kariia
June 13th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Hmm. I'd say Pitbull/Boxer or maybe Pug, because of the wrinkles on the forehead...

dmc123
June 13th, 2005, 07:45 PM
cute pup, my bet is his papa was a boxer!
Diane

ANBshilling
June 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM
I have a Basenji, they have wrinkled foreheads. I bet 99% thats where your puppy got the wrinkles. :)

kandy
June 27th, 2005, 03:32 PM
My vote is for boxer. Adorable pup! :)

shannon1233A
June 27th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Beautiful pup! I vote Boxer too :)

blueeyedviolin8
June 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM
another vote for boxer! :thumbs up

jessi76
June 30th, 2005, 04:20 PM
well, when people ask (which they do ALL the time) we've been saying he's a boxenji, thanks for the opinions!

Angeleyes1437
June 30th, 2005, 04:33 PM
SOOOO CUTE!!!! His face looks a little like my APBT when he was a pup (except max is all white)... but a little more houndish. I would fall for boxer or pit bull... however something about him says "hound" to me... the structure of his face, but I don't know why. May just be the coloring fooling me.

Here is Maximus as a pup... I think there is some resemblance in the face (as for shape)

Melinda
June 30th, 2005, 04:36 PM
my vote is for boxer! the jaw line is too different from a pb, he has the snout of a boxer.

jessi76
June 30th, 2005, 04:36 PM
omg... AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! precious!