Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Going about this basackwards! <LONGGGG>

mrjohndoe
June 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

Been posting for a few days now and finally getting around to introducing myself.

Happy dad to Sporticus and Clio who I adopted 4 yrs ago from a shelter in TO. Thanks to my sister-in-law for that. Her suggestion came on my dealing with a severe depression.

They've seen me through some very rough times including a bad car accident, PTSD, Grave's Disease, mastectomy, and more recently Severe sleep apnea. However, I think they like the last one as I keep hours the same as them!LOL

Also, I guess I'm the stepbrother to "Ralph" -- I think if push came to shove mom would choose Ralph over us kids...who could blame her -- a big Orange Tabby Mix. He's a great cat and has helped my mom through a lot and I know he still misses my dad (killed in the car accident).

Proud uncle of Chester (a Maine coon cat..perhaps??), Misty (gray/white mix) and Sherman (tabby).

At some point I hope to get pictures of them all up.

Copper'sMom
June 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the board mrjohndoe! :pawprint:

It's amazing the healing powers pets can have on our emotional well being. They can provide us with certain things that people can't - but it's probably 'cause pets can't talk! :p

Look forward to some pics!

iRONKNiGHT
June 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
lol better late than never..
we've already met.. so saying welcome is like really backwards..
never..ohh well.. WELCOME again mrjohndoe

JDG
June 9th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I was just going to say the same thing iRONKNiGHT! Better late then never. . . but then again I've been posting since March, and I still HAVEN'T introduced myself! Hahaha. . . . I figured I've muscled my way in already anyways!

Shamrock
June 9th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Welcome to you and your furry pets. Was admiring their pics the other day- they are lovely cats Clio and Sporticus! :pawprint:

Its certainly well documented the wonderful emotional benefits of pets, their healing, soothing powers can work wonders. You have certainly had a lot to contend with - many health issue and the loss of a parent. My sincere condolences on the loss of your father.
I hope you are recovering and feeling better now, my best wishes to you.

mrjohndoe
June 10th, 2005, 11:48 AM
. . . but then again I've been posting since March, and I still HAVEN'T introduced myself! Hahaha. . . . I figured I've muscled my way in already anyways!

LOL Then a fine welcome to you Too!

It's amazing the healing powers pets can have on our emotional well being.

That's a definite! :)

we've already met

We have? :thumbs up Last night Sporticus saw Trixy's picture...I think he's got a little crush!

Welcome to you and your furry pets. Was admiring their pics the other day- they are lovely cats Clio and Sporticus!

They wag their tails in happiness! You're too kind!

My sincere condolences on the loss of your father.

Thank you for the condolences. It's hard because when you start to get things in order, then something else pops up and brings it front and center.
I'm the last one to do a deposition because I was sick on the original date. Hopefully will get that done in June.

Thanks All for the warm welcome.

Adam

NutmegHF
June 10th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Welcome & Huggs..

Nutmeg

mrjohndoe
June 10th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Welcome & Huggs..

Nutmeg

Thanks & Huggs back..

Do you mind if I shorten your name? Nut or Meg which do you prefer? :evil: