Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just me venting about yesterday.....

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Well Judith and I were at the pool yesterday, and I was fixing her a bottle, and some lady comes up and says that I was irresopnsible for not breastfeeding such a young baby! It got me so upset. First off, Judith is almost half a year old, she is just tiny because of her conditon. And secondly her being formula fed was basically PRESCRIBED to her, being that she needs more calories than breasmilk can give, and that the formula has more fat in it! I mean what right does someone have to come up to me, and tell me I am a bad mother, when they doen't know the reason why she is formula fed. And look at her, she is a brilliant little girl, and has NEVER been sick yet...... Yes I would have loved to breastfeed her, it is just with some babies, you don't have that option. It really just angers me that people can't keep their noses out of other parents ways of raising their chldren. I have never done anything I didn't think was the best for her.....

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Some people can be so rude! I would not worry about it! We all know you are not a bad mom! :)

nymph
June 9th, 2005, 02:24 PM
That was completely out of line! Yeah I would just shrug it off.

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Im an advocate for breastfeeding, but I also beleive that a persons decision, and a persons reasoning is none of my business.

doesnt matter to me how you feed your baby, shes getting fed and thats all that matters

it was rude for that person to be so judgemental

Eleni

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I know, it is just the fact that she didn't even ask why we formula fed her. I have had other people come up and ask why we choose formula over breast, and once they found out, they understood. She is on formula for medical reasons, not by choice..... I just wish people would mind thei business and let people raise their children in peace, as long as they are being raised in a good home.....

Karin
June 9th, 2005, 02:38 PM
I would have snapped back.." Lady, you don't hear me telling you what to do with YOUR boobs do ya?"

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Eleni, I too think breast is best. I would have loved to breast feed her, but doctors said she needed the extra fat and calories. This next one is going to be breastfed though...... Personally not only is it better for the baby, it is free, you don't have to get up in the middle of the might to make a bottle, and you don't have to fill up the diaper bag with everything you need to feed the baby either!!!

Britishvixen21
June 9th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Thats dispicable, its no ones business but yours what you do with your child, I hope you said too words to her the second being OFF!

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I told her that she didn't need to tell me how to raise my child. I wasn't going to go into telling her why we fed her formula. With people like her, she probably would have said that I could have prevented her condition too!

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 02:44 PM
hey im cool with that,

my first 2 babies were formula fed, the first because i was uninformed and the second because of complications

ive been lucky this go around, and i am enjoying every second of it.

im nto an advocate to making mothers feel bad aboutt heir choices when feeding their kids, im jsut an advocate to moms having th choice to choose what is right for them and their babies.

sometimes its formula, sometimes its breast milk, as long as its done with lvoe nothing else matters at the end of the day

your a good momma, keep up to good work!

and dont let anyone make you feel bad for anything, those who judge others are really not comfortable with themselves

happycats
June 9th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I have never received more, unwanted advise from strangers, then when my son was an infant!!
I had a stranger "tell" me why my son was crying, and what I should be doing to stop it!
I had a stranger tell me "I'm a nurse, and that toy you are allowing your baby to chew on may cause him to choke"! (It was a teething ring from a very reputable company)!
I had a stranger tell me my son was cold and I should put a blanket on him "in was a hot summer day :eek: .
I know how you feel :)

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Thats dispicable, its no ones business but yours what you do with your child, I hope you said too words to her the second being OFF!

Ok I will admit that I do use profanity, ALOT, but not around Judith, or to peole that I just met. I tend not to want to offend people. But if it is around my friends or James, I can get quiet a bad mouth on me. I am working on fixing that though....... :rolleyes:

Daisy's Owner
June 9th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I know, it is just the fact that she didn't even ask why we formula fed her.

Why do you need to justify bottle feeding to a stranger? To anyone for that matter?

Sure, breast is best, but by no way, shape or form, is bottle feeding abuse or irresponsible or illegal.

You should have told her to mind her own business.

Rick C
June 9th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Well Judith and I were at the pool yesterday, and I was fixing her a bottle, and some lady comes up and says that I was irresopnsible for not breastfeeding such a young baby! It got me so upset. First off, Judith is almost half a year old, she is just tiny because of her conditon. And secondly her being formula fed was basically PRESCRIBED to her, being that she needs more calories than breasmilk can give, and that the formula has more fat in it! I mean what right does someone have to come up to me, and tell me I am a bad mother, when they doen't know the reason why she is formula fed. And look at her, she is a brilliant little girl, and has NEVER been sick yet...... Yes I would have loved to breastfeed her, it is just with some babies, you don't have that option. It really just angers me that people can't keep their noses out of other parents ways of raising their chldren. I have never done anything I didn't think was the best for her.....

As others have said, the only "problem" in that scenario is someone taking it upon themselves, out of the blue and unprovoked, to walk up to you and criticize you for a pretty ordinary and commonplace practice.

I hope you taught your baby some new words that day . . . . like F.... O....!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Britishvixen21
June 9th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I have the worst potty mouth ever, but I am careful around kids I have to admit, I didnt even think about that, not having kids of my own and not being maternal I leave those things out sometimes. Could have said Fudge off? LOL. thats what my nana used to say!

I want to add as well that sometimes Mothers breasts are so saw that sometimes they just need a break with formula. I remember a good friend of mine when she was breastfeeding would cry as her nipples where all cracked and sore. eventually she had to take a break. my dad is a midwife back in the UK and even he says you have to do whats right but he is a huge advocate for breastfeeding. But he as a medical proffesional would never dare ask someone off the street why they werent doing it.
I should suspect that old biddy has no family and nothing better to do with her time than critisize other people.

CyberKitten
June 9th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I would have told her to mind her own business! It is your life and she was rude to say what she did.

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Okay I know kind of off subject here but how long do you breast feed. We want to if we can. Mom tried to breast feed me and I was allergic and than she left not long after my sister was born so she had no choice on that one! Just wondering. :D

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 03:28 PM
i plan on breastfeeding Tyler for 24 months

all the recommendations ive seen say exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months, then
breastmilk with food till 12 months of age, or as long as mom and baby are comfortable continuing, i belong to a breastfeeding message board where it varies anywhere from 6 months to 36 months depending on the mom and baby of course

Eleni

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Holy cow Eleni they have teeth at two years old! You are really going to breast feed that long? :D :eek:

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Princess, there is no limit to how long you can breastfeed. James and I were planning a whole year. Some mothers go longer. Basically, the baby will let you know when they no longer want it. I know in some countries, the go a full 3 years! New studies show, that mothers how breastfeed for atleast a year, has lower risk of breast cancer, and it is great for the baby. So whatever you decide.

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Ty is already at 6 months old cutting his first tooth,

biting isnt too much of a concern, i mean would you bite your food source?

after 12 months of age the baby will of course be eating alot of foods with his siblings

but i still beleive breastmilk will be an important part of his diet, and will allow it to stay that way till 24 months, maybe longer depending on how he and i both feel about it at the time

Eleni

raingirl
June 9th, 2005, 03:35 PM
breastfeeding is also a natural birth control. In native populations, including hunter/gatherer populations from over 10,000 years ago, woman would breastfeed for as long as 4 or 5 years. Breastfeeding on a continual basis can supress ovulation.

Some people think it's unnatural to do it that long, but i don't. I plan on doing it as long as required. My sister did until she was three, and she got into a nasty habit of picking inside my mom's belly button. I remember my mom complaining about it, so she weaned her off at that point.

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 03:41 PM
lol rain thats cute, Tyler rubs my side when he feeds, it tickles hehe

Eleni

JDG
June 9th, 2005, 03:58 PM
That kinda sucks! Sorry. . I can't believe how blunt some people can be

I (as a person with no kids, and not alot of maternal instincts) actually appreciate the fact you were using a bottle. Nothing worse that being somewhere and seeing a lady with her boob out (no matter now natural it is . . . ) sorry to all the mommies, but I guess I am one of those of the belief there is a time and place for everything. . . . hahahaha

You always have crazy stories. . .have you thought about starting a blog to put them all in one place? Kinda like an online diary!

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I dunno, I personally dont see anything wrong with seeing a mom breastfeed in public.

shes using her breasts for what they are intended, and I appreciate that.

But I did feel the way you did before I was a nursing mom, so i can appreciate your point of view on that too.

to each their own

Eleni

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Eleni that is funny he tickles your side! LOL I would crack up and not be able to sit there I am so not goog with tickling. I laugh to much! You are a great mom and I respect that. I hope I am half as good of mom as you guys are! :D

JDG
June 9th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I'm not debating this, just clarifying my point. Please don't jump on me. ok? I think breastfeeding is natural. . .i just don't see the need for public displays of nudity for ANY reason. . . .

Don't get me wrong - when a baby needs some din-din then hey, its got to be done. . .

. . .but malls and resturants all offer mother rooms etc now, there is no reason to yank out your tit in the middle of a public place where others are trying to enjoy their own time.

I was at a TGI Friday's in England - and this woman lifted up here top, took off her bra and breastfeed her twins in the middle of the resturant.

Come on, don't tell me thats cool. . . .especially when this place made provisions for her needs in the way of a mother room. . .

I think there are subtle, polite and discrete ways of doing it - and on the flip sides, there are also subtle, polite and discrete ways of asking a mother who isn't doing that to do so. . . .

If I wanted to see boobies, I'll wait till the watershed and turn on City or Channel 5 . . . hahahahha :p :p :p

Bearsmom
June 9th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Holy cow the nerve of that woman, lilith_rizel!!!

When Robbie was born, I tried b-feeding, with very little to no success (he wouldn't latch). Just about everyone from the staff to the public health nurses told me I was pretty much a failure and "not trying hard enough" for breastfeeding.

I've never been more devastated by statements like that. THEN as Robbie began to grow, people would constantly offer advice.

Statements I've heard from complete strangers:

"Oh, you had a c-section? What's the matter, couldn't handle the pain of natural birth?"

"Why are you feeding him formula? How lazy!"

"You know, that pregnancy weight isn't THAT hard to lose"

All of the above statements were said to me. I swear it. I was ready to hide at home for a loooong time.

Lilith-good response for you to use, "and YOU could stand to lose a little weight!"

Leave it at that.

Or hit her, whatever makes you feel better :D

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I do not mind if woman breast feed as long as they put a blanket over them. That way the baby still gets to eat but the mom is covered up! I guess IMO a lady should only show those parts of her body to her hubby, etc or doctors and stuff. So I do not see anything wrong with it IF it is done modestly. I babysat for a lady and she would breastfeed in public and she was always so modest about it. No one ever saw anything or really knew! :)

Bearsmom
June 9th, 2005, 04:22 PM
as for breastfeeding in public, there's such a thing as a receiving blanket over your shoulder, or buy a nursing top.

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I do breastfeed Ty when and where he gets hungry, however i do it discreetly, no one would ever know he is feeding unless they happen to hear him gulping LOL

i ahve some nice receibing blankets a friend made that are 2x the sie of a normal one, and perfect for putting over Ty,

if its really hot i ahve nursing tops I can wear that cover everything and allow me to breastfeed without showing my boobs to the world

Eleni

twinmommy
June 9th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Holy Crap if I post in this thread you guys might have to peel me off the freakin ceiling!!!

WHERE IN THE H$LL DO PEOPLE GET OFF??!!!

I HATE the opinions of stupid people. the first words that come to mind are "Who the hell do you think you are?" followed by BV's suggestion of two words..... lol :D

I have never heard a smany stupid things as since being pregnant and now with kids.

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 04:27 PM
What do you mean when you say a nursing shirt. I have seen nursing bras and I am sure I have saw a shirt but not sure! This is all stuff I am learning. :)

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 04:30 PM
a nursing shirt usually has 2 layers, at least mine do, the bottom layer has an opening for the boobs, and the top layer prevents anything from bring visable

they are usually so discreet that most people dont even know they are nursing tops

Eleni

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Thanks Eleni I went to google and saw a picture! Wow guys I am learning all kind of things. I have to talk with you all more often I will be ready to have a baby soon with your help! :)

iRONKNiGHT
June 9th, 2005, 04:37 PM
You always have crazy stories. . .have you thought about starting a blog to put them all in one place? Kinda like an online diary!
Hey that's really a good idea you have for lilith_rizel...

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 04:45 PM
my opinion might be unpopular but i think more breastfeeding moms should feed in public, and show support for one another.

i respect others opinions, but when i choose where to feed my baby and someone takes offense, thats cool, they dont have to watch.

i dont think anyone opinion is wrong

just makes the world a more diverse place

Luba
June 9th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Just a thought....
if you come across that situation again simply tell the 'source' of the 'mouthpiece'

'It's not my child, I'm babysitting you idiot...I don't think the mother would want me to stick my boob in her babies mouth. I'm not a wet nurse'

LOL :crazy:

kandy
June 9th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I agree that was totally rude! My milk came in before my son was ever born - it was really embarrasing at times. Would be in the store, hear a baby cry and gush! My husband didn't think it was so neat either, cuz I could squirt him from a ways away if he was being a butt! :D By the time my son was born, I wasn't producing enough milk. The doctor said that the more I breastfed, the more milk I would produce. I let that kid suckle so much I think I never had a shirt on! After about 10 days of the kid screaming non-stop, the doctors decided I was starving him and he had to go on the bottle. To have this woman tell you that, without even bothering to ask why - is totally rude and uncalled for! I would've stuck with the ****** OFF! Not everyone can breastfeed and even if they can - it is their choice whether they do or not.

iRONKNiGHT
June 9th, 2005, 05:19 PM
OKAY i admit i love reading Luba's post! so nice to have you back Lube? hahahah..read this LUBA!!
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16117

Shamrock
June 9th, 2005, 05:23 PM
LOL, Luba! That is great!

The nerve and rudeness of people never ceases to amaze me!
This "buttinsky" was WAY out of line, an ignorant intrusion from an ignorant stranger.
Reading the other unsolicited advice from the public confirms the world has a lot of them. People who just dont know how to mind their own business - and take it upon themselve to "educate" you. Without any "facts" to clutter things up.. they just barge right in. :mad:
There are many reasons why some mothers do not breastfeed. I cn hardly think of anything that would LESS the business of a stranger..

In this area particularly, for some reason, people's nosiness overides their common sense No question is too personal to ask, no stupid advice too lame to offer.

A few from acquaintances, distant relatives,people that you barely know.

-Did you PLAN this pregnancy? (are you happy or sad?)
- WHEN are you going to have a baby? ( clock's ticking you know).
- You dont "want" to have kids.WHY? (what is wrong with you?)
- Why cant you get pregnant? ( what exactly is the problem?)

Schwinn
June 9th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I would tell her you didn't want to make her feel inadequate.

Sometimes, I think I'm lucky I don't run into the rudeness that others seem to around here.

Karin
June 9th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Boob. I think it's neat this word is not sensored.

To anyone who is offended by breast (boob) feeding in public, get over it already! This has been going on long before you were even thought of.

God gave them to us for one use, and if you can read this..your use expired along time ago.

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 06:07 PM

I was actually thinking about doing something like that. That way Judith can read what it was like for us when she was a baby. It's sorta another reason why I kinda let you guys know.... I know you all love hearing about her anyways....

I will probably look through all my posts this weekend, and start getting them into order. And start one for her, and the new baby. And once I get it up and going online, I will let you all know where to find it.....

She is getting so big now too, I was looking at her baby pictures today, and just about cried.....

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Boob. I think it's neat this word is not sensored.

To anyone who is offended by breast (boob) feeding in public, get over it already! This has been going on long before you were even thought of.

God gave them to us for one use, and if you can read this..your use expired along time ago.

couldnt have put it better myself

Eleni

Eleni
June 9th, 2005, 06:15 PM
lilith your lil one is so cute

Eleni

melanie
June 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Quote'actually appreciate the fact you were using a bottle. Nothing worse that being somewhere and seeing a lady with her boob out (no matter now natural it is . . . )'

im not trying to be mean or rude but- well as has been said your brests are for feeding young, it is only the dirty minds of other ppl that make it offensive......in my opinion there is nothing sexual about brestfeeding, but sadly some ppl liek to associate brests with sex, if you cant handle a woman giving a baby food then i thnk you need to sit down and have a long hard think....i dont get offended when i see an animal feeding its young, and that is what humans are, animals....

i could think of nothing more natural or beautiful than seeing a mother bond with her baby during brestfeeding, i used to love the faces my neice and nephew made when they were on the tit, it was jsut so darn cute, gosh i would sit there and talk to them, my sister never found it offensive or creepy, its jsut darn natural, but then society is so far removed forom natural in many ways....

and as far as mothers rooms go, they are jsut basically a glorified toilet around here, so i think it is absolutly disgusting to expect a woman to sit in a toilet and fed a babe.

lillith you jsut ignore her, its a womans choice (i know you didnt have one) so tell em all to go and get stuffed and get a friggin life.....boy oh boy, i would have friggin jobbed her, i used to get so defensive of my sister when feeding, anyone said anything and i would give them hell, she was just feeding our babies..... :mad: :mad: :p :D

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 06:33 PM
James was upset to hear about it. He said that I sould have said F Off. And if the lifegausrd would have told me to leave because of my language, to tell them that the lady should have to leave as well for harrassment! But he knows, I am not the type to start arguements with ones I don't know.

glasslass
June 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM
So how does this woman even know what's in the bottle? One of my former co-workers needed to return to work for financial reasons. She wanted her baby to continue receiving the benefits of breastfeeding and would use the breast pump every morning before going to work so that her baby would get it in the bottle later.

melanie
June 9th, 2005, 06:42 PM
great point glassy, didnt think of that...my sister used to express so i could feed the baby, i loved feeding them.....one day though she got distracted and got a certain special part of her body :p stuck in the brest pump, poor darlin comes runnin in screaming, yes i got it off for her, when i could stop laughing... :D :p .....

but when you have kids mate, every one thinks their the expert. jsut remember how you feel now, so you will never cary on like those knowitall fools...

oh judith is just so cute, i wish i lived near by so i could be your babysitter, i would do it for nothing, she is jsut toooooooooooooo cute.....pokin her tounge out, cheeky baby :D :angel:

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 06:43 PM
So how does this woman even know what's in the bottle? One of my former co-workers needed to return to work for financial reasons. She wanted her baby to continue receiving the benefits of breastfeeding and would use the breast pump every morning before going to work so that her baby would get it in the bottle later.

She only knew it was formula because she saw me make it..... I never make a bottle before it is needed.

melanie
June 9th, 2005, 06:46 PM
when the kids poke theri tounges out i always tell them a magpie (bird) may come and take it :D :p its funny to see their reactions (they know im joking though).... :D kisses from me :D

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Mel, her leggs are getting chubby to, but her waist is so tiny yet, and she doesn't have a butt..... so she still wears 0-3 month old pants, and they are even a bit big around the waist. But now that her heart isn't working as hard, and usuing up all the calories, the doctor said she should be getting chubbie in those areas. And I have noticed that she has gotten a little chubbier in the past month, so hopefully she will gain her wwight and weigh what she should weigh at her age. She still weighs only about 11 pounds. She has gained less than 4 pounds since birth.....

Luba
June 9th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Judith is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure you're a very very proud mama boobie LOL! I do love her name it's very classic.

Another one you can tell the 'mouth piece' is "I'm transexual...they haven't made mammary glands for us yet"

:evil:

Safyre
June 9th, 2005, 06:56 PM
UI wasn't going to join this thread, till i read this one day though she got distracted and got a certain special part of her body stuck in the brest pump, poor darlin comes runnin in screaming, yes i got it off for her, when i could stop laughing... LMFAO How the heck did it get stuck?! hehe sorry, i work with women as a doula and show them how to breastfeed and pump so i'm just amused.

And then from Shamrock - A few from acquaintances, distant relatives,people that you barely know.

-Did you PLAN this pregnancy? (are you happy or sad?)
- WHEN are you going to have a baby? ( clock's ticking you know).
- You dont "want" to have kids.WHY? (what is wrong with you?)
- Why cant you get pregnant? ( what exactly is the problem?)

I have one that is worse ... my bestfriend lost her first baby, still born at 24 weeks... when i told ppl at work, who were friends/aquintences (at my friends request) someone asked 'oh, what drugs was she on to cause that' and they SERIOUSLY meant it. I almost clocked her.

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Judith is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure you're a very very proud mama boobie LOL! I do love her name it's very classic.

Another one you can tell the 'mouth piece' is "I'm transexual...they haven't made mammary glands for us yet"

:evil:

LMAO Luba your so funny!!! You guys all make my day worth while. I guess that is why I haven't lost interest in this forum like I have so many others.....

lilith_rizel
June 9th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Well for those who suggested a blog, I have started it. Not to interesting right now. Just from the time James and I became friends up to the day Judith was born, that's about it right now. If you want to read it, feel free to.....

spaces.msn.com/members/brandedafool03judith/

Luba
June 9th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Ya sometimes you just gotta take certain people with a laugh and a sneer!
It's a good stress relief to look at the humour in things :D

I have heard all sorts of comments from people and I usually twist it around some how so that they walk away scratching their heads or their rear ends one or the other LOL!

Like the time I was much younger and was babysitting my beautiful niece who was a baby at the time. Whisper whispers from people while I'd walk down the street with her 'whats that young girl doing having a baby...i bet she doesn't even know who the father is blah blah blah kinda stuff'

Well, even then I knew their inappropriateness and would simply say, I recall to this day...talking to my baby niece I'd say 'Hey Amanda, didn't you know you're too young to have a baby!!' LMFHO

Oh I love to poke fun at idiots it's one of my favourite pass times!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 9th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I have a friend whose son was unable to breast feed as he couldn't latch on for some reason, so she used a breast pump for ten months so her son could have breast milk,she also supplemnted with formula she said she used to get comments about not breast feeding, I actually admire her for going so long, I know if I were in that situation I probably wouldn't have lasted too long. There are lots of reasons why moms can't breast feed, whether by choice or for medical reasons,its frusturating when complete strangers butt in when it is none of their business

My first son lasted about7 months my second almost three years, it was hard to cut him off, I tried to do it gradually but it was torture so we both went cold turkey, he got alot of treats in place of the booby but after a few days we were done.

I am not sure how long every thinks us moms should breast feed for but I saw a woman breast feeding her daughter and she looked like she was 7 or 8 her feet reached the ground almost.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 9th, 2005, 10:12 PM
breastfeeding is also a natural birth control. In native populations, including hunter/gatherer populations from over 10,000 years ago, woman would breastfeed for as long as 4 or 5 years. Breastfeeding on a continual basis

don't relay on this you can still ovulate and still get pregnant while you are breast feeding.

crazyhorse
June 10th, 2005, 11:04 AM
So I'm in the back of my mom's tracker with my mom and the babe (the seat folded forward). Eating lunch while I was nursing discreatly. This older guy walks by, then walks by again the other way, scratching his head. Third time walks by then approaches the back of the vehicle and informes me there are washrooms in the mall I could use for that. I thanked him then opened the invitation to him. I asked, why do you grab your lunch and you can joine us and you can even pick the stall of your choice. His comment, in the bathroom that is disgusting. I agreed with him and wish him well on his way. He didn't walk by for a fourth time.

lilith_rizel
June 10th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Crazyhorse,

Your right. What is the difference between you eating in the bathroom and a baby eating in the bathroom! Absolutley nothing. Gross none the less.......

Bearsmom
June 10th, 2005, 03:14 PM
It's always baffling what people would comment on. I was 34 when I had Robbie, and up until then, I always heard, "well, you'd better start having children, you're not getting any younger"

When I did tell them I couldn't have children, their reply was always, "why, what's wrong?". So I'd tell them. In FULL medical details. hehehe.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I was at a big family dinner at a chinese restraunt when my first son was about 5 months old. My mother in law said well I guess you will have to go to the bathroom to nurse, the bathroom there was pretty dirty. I just replied no I will be fine right here thanks!

Luba
June 10th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Thats great Bearsmom...I love doing that to people! They immediately become 'uninterested' LOL