Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My sometimes little Angel

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Thought I'd post a pic of one of my furkids, Lucy (now 17 mos old). The pic was taken as Lucy watched me replace a section of door casing that she sampled several days before.

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 10:32 AM
How sweet! I have a few of those sample spots that we had to fix as well! :eek: :D Very good picture though! Would be a cute black and white!

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I never thought about doing a black and white of it, thanks for the suggestion. Many times her cuteness has saved her :p

Cactus Flower
June 9th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Wow- she actually looks like a girl....something very feminine about her eyes. Her expression in that first pic is priceless.

GWPsRock
June 9th, 2005, 11:51 AM
what a cutie!

My husband commented this morning that "cuteness" must have been an evolutionary thing to ensure that dogs would always remain housepets! :)

I know you've told us before, but, what type of dog is Lucy? (how big is she?)

She looks like a perfect girlfriend for Sheamus:

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, we look at her and cannot imagine her being anything but a girl.

Best we can tell, she is a Border Terrier mixed with god knows what. I'm open to suggestions. We've tossed around shepard, but with most mutts her lineage is questionable. She definately has the determined terrier personality. She is mostly a whispy wire haired and grows some fantastic neck flares. Her upper back grows into a mane (I believe someone described it to me as a coconut mat). When we got her at 9mos she was about 30 lbs with very little muscle development. A few months of walks, runs, and play and she is a solid 40 to 45 lbs.

GWPsRock
June 9th, 2005, 12:03 PM
she reminded me a lot of my pup...he's a German Wirehaired Pointer....maybe some of that in her?

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 12:08 PM
what a cutie!

My husband commented this morning that "cuteness" must have been an evolutionary thing to ensure that dogs would always remain housepets! :)

I know you've told us before, but, what type of dog is Lucy? (how big is she?)

She looks like a perfect girlfriend for Sheamus:

For sure, although it might make Monty and Jack jealous - Monty is in this post, Jack in the next. Sheamus is a very handsom guy. How old?

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 12:08 PM
and Jack ..

GWPsRock
June 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Sheamus is approx. 6 yrs old. (Maybe too old for Lucy?) ;)

I say "approx." since he was adopted from the Humane Society, and he was brought in as a stray...so, that was their guess!

The whole long distance thing probably wouldn't work for them either, eh?

Sheamus is 65 pounds....so, a bit bigger than Lucy as well...but, that's typical for the guy to be bigger, right!

Here's one of Sheamus in a similar position to your first post....

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 12:55 PM
ha ha, no likely correct. Although if you want to take her for a weekend you can ... she can eat furniture in a new locale :D

Monty is also in the 6ish range (SPCA rescue) and comes in around 55 lbs. We were aging him around 7 / 8 but our vet thinks he may be younger. She looked at his lenses and said that most dogs will have their lenses start to cloud over a bit as they get older (basically a hazy look that doesn't affect their vision). She said that it starts to occur around 5. Anyone else hear of this??

happycats
June 9th, 2005, 01:00 PM
All of them are just so cute! I see you like the cute and fuzzy type :D

(Lucy looks like Benji!)

Dogastrophe
June 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM
We are suckers for a scruffy face. We volunteer at the local SPCA which has turned into an expensive venture ... we were in the night before Jack officially hit the adoption floor and within 10 mins decided he should come home with us. Thankfully we have reached canine capacity in the house!

goldenblaze
June 9th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Adorable pose, love her eyes watching every move. What cute pics on this thread :)

Copper'sMom
June 9th, 2005, 02:39 PM
OMG I'm dying of cutness!!!! Your family is so adorable!! :love:

glasslass
June 9th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I agree! The expression in her eyes is so endearing! How can you ever get mad at them when they look like that afterwards?