Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have a cat question very important....

jameroo
June 8th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Tonight one of my 3 cats threw up on bathroom floor. I thought it was just a hairball when I noticed it moving. There were actually 3 see through worms w/ black down the middle on the inside. Stools are solid and nothing in them. Anyone have any ideas what they are? I'm thinking it's Daisy as her stomach is a little bloated. I rescued both Daisy and Summer from some woman who was planning to dump them in the woods some place. I haven't had a chance to have a vet check them out yet. Planning to call vet in morning, but just curious what they are now. Thanks

Lucky Rescue
June 8th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Yuck. :yuck:

Usually, if you see live worms in vomit, it's roundworms, but only your vet will know for sure. Also, they may have other parasites in addition to the roundworms, so take a stool sample to the vet with you.

Treatment is easy and thanks for taking these poor kitties in! :thumbs up

KessyWessy
June 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
If you haven't already done so, I'd collect the puke worms and bring that too. Gross, but it might help your vet diagnose before waiting on a stool sample and the results.

BeagleMum
June 9th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Yummy!!! :yuck:

Definitely go to the vet with the evidence.

Princesss04
June 9th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Oh man I just ate breakfast! LOL Sound like Round worms to me! Take a poo sample and the "worms" to the vet. It is easy to fix. Both cats will need to go in and get this taken care of as soon as possible!

jameroo
June 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM
She also thinks they are roundworms. She's seeing all 3 kitties next Thurs. soonest she can get them in. She said it's not to serious and very common. Thank God :angel: :fingerscr