Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pregnant Cat Questions

mammysfave
June 7th, 2005, 11:54 PM
My husband and I took in a stray Siamese cat we named MiSam. She is very pregnant! (As am I) :eek: Neither of us have ever taken care of a pregnant cat before and are not real sure what's going on. We don't know how far along she is, but suspect it could be any day now. We fixed her a box in the corner where she usually sleeps, but now she sleeps in the middle of the living room floor instead of the box! But more importantly, we suspect that she started spotting this evening. She is not bleeding anymore, and seems to be fine, she's eating well and just hanging out like normal. Should we worry? Take her to vet? Just keep an eye on her?

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 04:57 AM
take her to the vet immediately, as with people pregnant cats need vet care, and since this one is stray shes likely not received it

Eleni

Beaglemom
June 8th, 2005, 07:50 AM
I agree with Eleni. The vet will be able to answer all your questions and provide you with all the information that you need in order to be prepared for your cat's delivery.

Your kitty needs to be examined by a vet to make sure that everything is going well and that she is healthy and her kittens are as well.