Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

last post on this..plz read

Crazy Hippie
June 7th, 2005, 09:03 PM
This will be my last post on the whale slaughter so plz take the time to sign the petition (if you wish). I'm assuming by now most ppl have read my other posts so i won't bother explaining again. Below I have posted the latest email I've received from Greenpeace...click on the link to sign petition. Need 100,000 signatures by June 19 - last time I checked there were 6000. Thnx, from me and from the whales!! ;)

ps. I'm not sure if you can click the "take action now" thing like you can in my email so here's the link:
http://usactions.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=51&ref_source=newsletter20050607

Only YOU Can Save the Whales
I'm writing you today with urgent news: Japan is about to reopen commercial whaling. We need all hands on deck to prevent this from happening. We need you to sign a whale conservation petition TODAY, and urge your friends and family to sign too. Greenpeace will hand deliver your signatures to the International Whaling Commission (IWC) when they meet at the end of this month.

The IWC meeting will decide the fate of the world's whales, and without your help, the future looks bleak. You see, Japan wants to reopen commercial whaling, and after years of political maneuvering, they may have the votes they need to succeed.

TAKE ACTION NOW! Protect the world's whales.

We need to prove to IWC delegates that the backlash for reopening commercial whaling will be swift and severe. We need at least 100,000 signatures by June 19th, just in time to personally deliver them to the IWC. Won't you help us and the whales?

Thank you,

John Hocevar
Ocean Campaign Coordinator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lilith_rizel
June 7th, 2005, 10:35 PM
both my husband and I will sign it, and I will definatly pass it along. I will send it to my great aunt. She knows alot of people, and always makes sure she passes things along that are for a good cause. Alot of my family will be for it as well. So hopefully we may get closer.

twodogsandacat
June 7th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Done. Sorry for not doing it sooner.

Blaze01
June 8th, 2005, 09:21 AM
I signed it to...thank you informing me about this topic...i was completely clueless...

Crazy Hippie
June 9th, 2005, 11:22 AM
thanks for signing it guys! we're up to 10, 000 signatures so we're 1/10th of the way there. :fingerscr