Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

heat rash?

Eleni
June 7th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Ty has some real bad heat rash on his back and in his chub creases in his legs and arms

what can i do for this?

my husband took him into a cool shower to cool him off, and ive been nursing him more to keep him hydrated well, but is there anything else im missing?

Eleni

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 06:06 AM
its a little better this morning.

i filled the bath with a little cool water and let him play in it while I was doing my hair,

not sure what else to do, i alo have a ice cold water bottle hes been sipping on between nursings.

my other 2 kids love the hot weather, it never seems to bother them, but the baby doesnt like it at all ,he wants to be naked or in the bath LOL

Eleni

Sneaky2006
June 8th, 2005, 06:12 AM
When my son used to get heat rash I used baby powder on him... just a light dusting so the skin isn't rubbing, it helps to keep them dry. I think gold bond makes something for this now?

Princesss04
June 8th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Gold Bond does make something (I can not remember the name) my aunt uses it on her little girl! It works great! :)

BMDLuver
June 8th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Plain old cornstarch works just fine. I would let him be butt naked. Both my girls were prone to heat rash so leaving them naked always helped a ton. Just keep him off carpeting, lol. :eek:

SnowDancer
June 8th, 2005, 09:26 AM
When I first started to read this I thought you were referring to your pup - only because I just read a thread on another site re Hot Spots on Eskimos - and of course your dog would also be subject to this. Sounds very similar.

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 09:29 AM
hes been crawling around nake this morning, i only had to mop once so far :P

its funny he crawls a few feet, sits up looks at me grins and crawls a bit more

heh definatly a nudist in the making.

the rash does seem alot better

i feel bad for him its hard enough to stay cool let along having a rash too

oh and i put baby powder on him after his bath mmmm he smelled so good!!

hopefully we can avoid the rash gettign worse today

Eleni

Britishvixen21
June 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I used to suffer from terrible heatrash when i was a kid and still do in extreme heat, See now im from England (obviously) and I dont know if you can get this here, but my mum used to use calamine lotion, its like a creamy substance looks funny on the skin but it worked a treat. just dab it on with some cotton wool and it was sooo soothing. The last time i had heat rash was when we were in spain on vacation a couple of years back it was so itchy i cant imagine what your poor little guy is going through. But see if you can get calamine lotion its the best stuff

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 02:12 PM
i actually never thought of calamine lotion, but we do ahve some here

if it seems to bother him again ill try that

Eleni