Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Police: Man admits to stabbing, hanging dog

heidiho
June 7th, 2005, 05:40 PM
A Mesa man sits in jail Tuesday morning on two counts of cruelty to animals after he allegedly stabbed his estranged wife's dog.

3TV
Salvador Rodriguez is accused of stabbing and hanging his wife's dog. One of the counts is a felony offense.

Salvador Rodriguez, 23, told police he was going through a bad break-up with his wife.

He was allegedly fighting with his wife over the phone when he said he went to the back yard of her home to hit a punching bag. That's when the couple's 5-year-old Queensland Heeler allegedly jumped on him.

Rodriguez said that's when he kicked the animal, police say. He then allegedly went into the kitchen, grabbed a butcher knife and stabbed the dog in the neck. The suspect allegedly then hung the dog with an extension cord on the backyard patio and left it for dead, police say.

Detective Tim Gaffney with the Mesa Police Department said the other end of the cord had 45-pound dumbells on it.

The dog did survive. It was treated for its injuries and released back to Rodriguez's wife.

Rodriguez said he was angry because he allegedly found a photo of his estranged wife and another man on the Internet.

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.
Interactive

Sound off: Discuss this story

Stay in touch: Free Breaking News e-mails

Watch this: azfamily.com video archive

Slideshows: Photo galleries

Hotlines: Seen on NewsChannel 3

News tip? Call (602) 207

Luvmypit
June 15th, 2005, 04:58 PM
ahh poor guy....... sad about a break up. Lets kill an innocent dog... Ya that will make me a man again.... ARGGHHHHHH

heidiho
June 15th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I know,they just did a special on the news here about how many abuse reports they are getting there are alot here ,they said they get like 20 calls a day,of people reporting abuse,i dont know what is going on here in Phoenix