Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Woman, dog viciously attacked twice in two days

heidiho
June 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM
A Valley woman and her dog were allegedly attacked viciously twice in two days.

"I'm ready to break down and cry right now. It's been terrible," said Angie Ostergreen of the last 48 hours.

She and her Shelty, Shadow, were reportedly attacked by two Great Danes Saturday as the pair walked in their Glendale neighborhood.

"Shadow was on the ground. One was at her throat. They were just ripping her in half. I just punched them both in the head," Ostergreen said.

As Ostergreen bent down to pick up Shadow, one of the dogs bit her in the face.

"He got me with his canine on the bridge of my nose," Ostergreen said. "Then he started getting on top of me and the lady across the street came out to help and started yelling and clapping her hands."

Battered and suffering several bites on her face and throat, Shadow and Angie made it back home.

The next day, they ventured out and headed in a different direction.

They didn't make it far down the street when what appeared to be a pit bull charged from an open garage.

"I was screaming 'Oh no, not again, not again' and the owner came running out," she said.

Shadow's attacker chomped several times around her neck.

After the attack, Ostergreen said the owner didn't say a word.

And as Ostergreen's and Shadow's wounds begin to heal, she wants people to obey the leash law.

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.
Interactive

Sound off: Discuss this story

Stay in touch: Free Breaking News e-mails

Watch this: azfamily.

lezzpezz
June 7th, 2005, 11:22 AM
That is so sad for both the woman and her dog! Twice, no less! I hope the owners of the offending dogs are punished to the fullest extent of the law and are going to be sued for pain and suffering as well as medical bills! :mad:

heidiho
June 7th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I cant believe the odds of that either,that is horrible,,,,