Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Poor Kitty

Murphy_2503
June 7th, 2005, 10:54 AM
On occasion (maybe once or twice a year) my cat will have these "episodes" where she'll start moaning like she's in pain and then she'll start convulsing the way she does when she's having a hairball but she'll just throw up bile and then usually she'll "pass out" for maybe 5 seconds during which time she usually loses control of her bladder. afterwards, she'll get up, but is pretty weak and usually just lies down for a while to recooperate. She's an adult female cat with medium length fur. I currently have her on a hairball formula food (Cat Chow). I should also note that she has a tendancy of throwing up quite a bit, i would say on average once every week or week and a half, and usually it's semi-undigested food and not hairballs.

LavenderRott
June 7th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Cat Chow is really bad food but I have no idea if that is part of your problem. You should take your cat to the vet.

raingirl
June 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Sounds like your cat is having a seizure and could have epilepsy. I would take your cat to the vet ASAP as prolonged seizures can cause brain damage.

Angerona
June 7th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Get at checked fer panicetis problems

Writing4Fun
June 7th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Yes, please bring your kitty to the vet. There could be any number of problems going on here. Your vet is the only one who can tell you for certain.

I agree that you should also consider changing food. Cat Chow is the "McDonalds" of the pet food world. If you search (see blue toolbar at the top of the page) for "cat food" or "kitten food", you'll find oodles of threads discussing the various brands of cat food on the market, and you'll be able to make a very informed decision.

Please let us know how your cat is doing. :pawprint:

Murphy_2503
June 7th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I would like to thank everyone for their input, Cinderella will be so happy that everyone is so concerned for her well-being. I took her to the vet's once and they just looked her over and said that she was probably just sick to her stomach and gave me some sample cat food. I'm going to try a new vet this time, but I wanted to make sure that i went in relatively informed so they don't try and turn me away with stories of irritable stomachs. Hopefully one of the vetrinarians will also reply to my posting so i can get some real medical advice.