Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

activities for 10-year olds

Crazy Hippie
June 7th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Okay, so I got a new job for July/August as a "nanny", the kids are all boys, twins age 10 and then a 12 and 14 year old. They live with their dad, and he had A LOT of people apply for the job, and I can't believe he picked me..it pays really well too! Last year I worked in a day camp and the activities all involved groups of children, and they had to suit a larger age range so I found planning them to be quite easy, but now I really need some ideas of what I can do with these boys! The 14 yr old likes to pretty much veg out in his basement with his guitar (the dad said that's ok) but does anyone have ideas of activities I could do with the twins and 12 yr old? I don't want them watching TV all day and I'd really like to impress the father since he's paying me good and he picked me over all the other applicants. I know they like swimming and basketball but other than that he said it's up to me to keep them busy. Anyone with kids this age able to give me some ideas? Thanks!

Daisy's Owner
June 7th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Swimming
Basketball
Baseball
Board games or movies for the rainy days
A walk through the air conditioned mall on hot days
Bike riding
I am assuming they have friends in the area, so alot of the time they are going to play with their friends, or just hang out with each other.
Are there any parks, or amusement type attractions in the area?
Berry picking. My 10 year old boy likes it.
Car shows.

raingirl
June 7th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I know tons of activities for girls, but not boys...sorry.

You are just watching them at their house then?

Where do you live? If you are in the GTA I can tell you lots of fun places to take them. The 14 yr old will probably ask a lot to hang with his friends. At 14, I was never home in the summer, always at other peoples houses.