Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ow

Eleni
June 7th, 2005, 08:29 AM
got the root canal on my tooth finished yesturday evening.

i cant chew it hurts so much.

gonna call the dentist when they open. i supect its normal and im just being a suck, but it does really hurt.

in any case i have an excuse to eat jello for breakfast :)

yay Eleni

BMDLuver
June 7th, 2005, 08:57 AM
oh dear. Teeth can be very painful. The dentist didn't prescribe anything?

Eleni
June 7th, 2005, 09:18 AM
nope he told me to take advil, wich I have,

it takes a bit of teh throbbing away, but chewing is still awful.

i called they said give it a day or 2 and come back if its still bad

Eleni

Writing4Fun
June 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Oh, my! Hubby has had a couple of root canals, and he's always been prescribed pain killers and is told to take them before the freezing wears off. But, to make you feel better (??), he also is a little sore and finds it hard to chew for several days afterwards, so maybe it is normal to be tender for a while. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Eleni
June 7th, 2005, 10:39 AM
aw everyone gets the good stuff but me :(

its better that way anyhow, im breastfeding and probably wouldnt take pain meds anyhow LOL

Eleni

Princesss04
June 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Hang in there! I hate teeth pain, that is the worse kind! When I had my wisdom teeth cut out I would not take any pain meds! I know it can be painful, should be fine in a few days! I agree with your brestfeeding you would not want to take anything anyway! :D

Eleni
June 7th, 2005, 02:22 PM
back off to the dentist, I called and he said it shouldnt be throbbing, but he wants to see me and presribe some antibiotics

Eleni

kandy
June 7th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I know what you mean - the last time I had major work done at the dentist, I had to live on mashed potatoes for a few days - and lukewarm ones at that! :yuck: Hope everything is okay with your tooth!

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 01:35 PM
i forgot to update this,

the dentist said that it must still be infected, so now he has me on penicillin and tylenol 3s

except the tylenol 3s loop me out so im a space case today. but the pain is now managable

havent tried to eat anything yet, dont think i even wanna, i do have ice cream however :evil:

Eleni

Britishvixen21
June 8th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I remember being a teenager and having braces in, everytime I went to have those suckers tightened it hurt like hell, I always found baby food good. Also the new gardena soups (autumn vegetable, and carrot) are really good they are all mush no bits and taste wonderful. But I still think your best bet is Ice Cream :D

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 01:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Denise_rector_bouchard/Excited.gif

yeah loopy from tylenol 3 and ice cream, can anyone say nuts!!

lol and my kids are thrilled to ahve icecream with me for lunch

however for dinner i guess I should go for soup or maybe pasta and leave the ice cream alone

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Denise_rector_bouchard/Emotions.gif

Princesss04
June 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
No go for the ice cream for supper! LOL The kids will love it and you will never live it down. LOL When they want to get out of eatting you will hear but mom you ate ice cream like seven years ago for supper why can't we? :eek: ;) :)

Eleni
June 8th, 2005, 02:18 PM
lol i bet they would too they have memories like a photo, they NEVER forget hehe