Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urgent! Over 30 Miniature Daschunds need homes now!

chocolatecoffee
June 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I just got this in an e-mail, so I have no other information. If you can help in any way, please contact the phone number below. According to the area code, the daschunds are in Saskatchewan.

Long-time Mini Dachshund breeder, William (Bill) Roper recently passed away leaving his breeding kennel of dachshies in need of homes. The dogs vary in age & colours; all are in excellent health; & are CKC registered (whether or not the CKC papers can be located & transfers obtained I do not know).

The Companion Animal Hospital has been providing vet services for all of Bill's dogs & would probably be able to provide vet records (306-783-3349).

Apparently Bill's son has allowed one week for the dogs to be placed otherwise he is planning to have them euthanized. There are over 30 dogs in need of homes.

Currently they are being housed at the boarding kennel of Donna Antosh in Langenburg (306-743-5155). Donna is asking for $5/day for boarding to be paid by the new owner - some of the younger dogs may have a minimal charge as well.

If you, or anyone you know, can help, please give Donna Antosh a phone call a.s.a.p

BMDLuver
June 6th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I've posted this to two canadian rescue lists so hopefully some will be able to help them.

Goldenmom
June 7th, 2005, 01:07 PM
All the dogs have been spoken for and are safe and sound!

Heather

happycats
June 7th, 2005, 01:22 PM
WOOOO HOOOOOO. :highfive:
another job well done, you guys are the greatest :angel:

maddoxies
June 7th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Canadian Dachshund Rescue is all over this. :thumbs up

twodogsandacat
June 7th, 2005, 07:19 PM
That's amazing that they can place thirty dogs that fast. :thumbs up

Princesss04
June 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
That is wonderful news! Good work you all! :highfive: :D

chocolatecoffee
June 10th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Wow, I didn't think they'd all find a home or rescue that fast. Thanks everybody, that was incredible!

deborah183
August 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know if the Canadian Daschund Rescue has a website or how to get ahold of them? I've not heard of them before and would love to support them. I've "Googled" them but can't seem to find them.

Thanks! And, oh yeah, "Hi" from Nanaimo! :goodvibes:

SnowDancer
August 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
deborah - If you Google you will find a Dachshund association that will direct you to the Dachshund groups all over Canada.