Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Potty Training

Jackie467
June 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I am so happy! Saturday my family and I went night fishing, usually I don't have to worry about who will watch Candi because very rarely will the entire family go somewhere together so someone is always home with her. Well Candi HATES the crate, she flips out and has diarreha and throws up the whole time she is in there, so I very rarely ever use it, in fact I haven't in about 4 months because during the day she stays outside and my neighbor who works at home and has an adjoining fence keeps an eye on her, and now that i'm out of school she isn't ever alone because I take her to work with me. Well she has never been alone at night so I wasn't sure what to do with her. I decided to put her bed and toys into the bathroom and leave her in there. (she is an IG and they are notoriously hard to house train and she followed that rule firmly) Well we were gone for 6 and a half hours, the longest she has even been alone. When I got home I let her out of the bathroom and she went flying to the back door to go out, so I let her out and she pottied. I checked the bathroom and not a single accident. I was so proud. :D I'm going to try leaving her in there when I go out now and if she can prove herself I can start letting her loose in the house. I'm just so excited because this was the only behavior problem we had with her, she doesn't chew anything she isn't suposed to, not even grabage that gets left out. She is the best dog i'v ever had and now that she is house broken she is perfect (not that I didn't think that before lol).

Sorry it's so long, I'm just so excited that I now have the perfect dog. (not that i'm bias at all lol)

Lissa
June 6th, 2005, 03:45 PM
GREAT NEWS
I'm so glad for you and Candi! I hope that this means that you have finally broken through to the house-broken side of life!

Good for Candi! :thumbs up