Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Large Breed Dog Food

SarahLynn123
June 6th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I have been starting to check out some brands of food lately because we will hopefully beable to switch in about a month or so! I was looking at Solid Gold Wolf King and noticed it is for large breed dogs. I have a Cockerspaniel, German Shephard, and Pomeranian. I would prefer to feed them all the same food. Would Solid Gold be OK to feed them or should I check out other brands?

Thanks
Sarah

coppperbelle
June 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Solid Gold would be fine for all three dogs. I have been feeding it to my two dogs since January and I am very happy with the results. The kibble is not large but if it is a concern they do have a Wee Bits formula but that kibble is very tiny.
You won't be sorry you put your dogs on this food.

RaYne
June 7th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Look for Solid Gold Beef and Barley. We just switched my mother's toy poodle to it and she loves it. It would be fine for all 3 of your dogs.

SarahLynn123
June 7th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Great! Thanks! Hopefully only one more month until the switch!

Prin
June 7th, 2005, 09:42 PM
The "Just a wee bit" food is also higher in calories per cup, so giving it to the big guy is not a great idea (it's also a lot more expensive too...).

I say Wolf King is ok, just watch how much you feed because it might have more calories than a "regular" food because they try to reduce the serving sizes so you're not giving 6 cups a day...

heeler's rock!
June 8th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Sarah, how about Innova Evo? It's all breeds and all life stages, and it has absolutely no grains. The food is held together with potatoes! We feed Red and Helix about a bag a month so it's not even that expensive. Belle and the little guy won't eat that much, and it's about $60.00 for a 28.8lb bag. That'll definitely last you guys a month at least! I HIGHLY recommend it! It's like raw food in kibble form. :)

SarahLynn123
June 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I was looking into that aswell. Im going to pick up samples of it soon, I did some spying when I got the sample from you and it was the cat that was eating it, not Belle! I got a sample of Solid Gold and gave all the dogs a piece of kibble and they all spit it out except Shadow, she loved it!

Im thinking I should jsut pick one and go with it, it seems Belle will never be satisfied,

heeler's rock!
June 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah, it's hard when you have a picky eater. Kia gets picky too, but we just keep giving her the same thing and she learns that if she wants to eat, that's what she's eating. We also add stuff to the food every now and then to keep it intersting. We do non-fat plain yogurt, carrots, cottage cheese, and other fruits like watermelon in the summer, apples, things like that. They love it! We've even done dehydrated seaweed! I'm sure whatever you decide, you'll make a good choice for your babies! :)