Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

lost laundry card

raingirl
June 6th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Darn. We lost our laundry card. I'm sure it's here somewhere...but can't find it! We have a "cash card" for our laundry machines, so they are not coin operated...so now I can't do laundry and I am desperate for laundry! I guess I will have to head over to my sisters house and do it there for free...even if I have to leave the dog at home and her machine takes forever!! Grr...

Princesss04
June 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Can you take Odin with you! Is there a way you can go to the office and get a new card and they credit your new card with the same amount. I am sure it is in the computer how much money you had on your card. :D

raingirl
June 6th, 2005, 10:19 AM
can't take Odin with me to my sis's as my BIL is allergic to dogs. So Odin has to stay home. PLus, we get fined by our landlord if we lose the card, so I don't want to report it to the office yet if we can help it. It's like $50 for the fine and the replacement. Plus, we lose all the money that was on the old card if we can't find it (like $30!!). We know it is in our apartment, just can't find it. We cleaned the whole place last week, so it probably is in some pile of papers or something.

It's so boring at my sisters house. No internet, no video games, just TV. SHe has a new front loading washer which washes really well, but takes 48 minutes for one load! and I have 5 to do!

Princesss04
June 6th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Wow that is a long time to wash one load of clothes. If we lived closer I would say you could come over and wash your clothes. Meater and Chino and Odin would have a ball! I hope you find that card soon. I hate when I miss place something. It will turn up. What about going to a laundry mat. There are alot of washer you can have everything done in prolly a hour or so. We are remodeling and I put my wedding ring in the cabinet well they removed all the cabinets and I could not find my ring. I knew it was in the house but everything is crazy in the house right now. So anyway I was so upset and Justin was like calm down it will turn up and it did. I am sure you find your card in the place you least except it. LOL :D

raingirl
June 6th, 2005, 10:30 AM
thought about a coin laundry, and there is one down the street...but I'm actually broke until friday...not even a penny to my name. So...I have to go the slow but free route.

Cinnabear
June 6th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Well, if I had that card it would be lost too. :p I can't believe your super would charge you to replace it and then make you pay for more money on it. Everything always turns up, just not at the time you need it. :D

raingirl
June 6th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I know. We have looked EVERYWHERE for it. It's usually just kept on top of the laundry detergent container in the front hall, with the dryer sheets. BF was going to do laundry yesterday morning and he couldn't find it. We looked all day. I have been looking again all day. He did laundry last weekend, so it disappeared since then. It was there...I saw it, but now it's not?? I thought maybe it fell into one of Odin's bags that we carry his stuff in, but i searched those and couldn't find anything. I moved the shelf it is on, it's not behind or underneath it. I checked all pockets in pants/shirts just in case it was there, I checked all window sills and shelves, I've checked inside shoes and the recycling. I even checked in the laundry baskets and bags we take our laundry down to the washers in. nothing. I have no idea where it could have gone.

It's stupid they would charge for replacement, but I can understand why. If you didn't let people know ahead of time to not lose it, people would be coming for replacements all the time and the cost of the washers would go up. Makes sense. The cards are "smart cards" with a gold chip in them, so they must cost a bit to buy.

iRONKNiGHT
June 6th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I taught the Card machine's for the Laundry machine's were always in the Same Room.. and you can buy your 5/10$ dollars cards?..

Man this concept make's Canada look like it's falling behind of the US again..
Thing's are suppose to be simple here as it is in the US.. :usa:
It looks like a bell quick change card though...with the little microchip.
Umm yeah i know what they look like :)
i just think the system you have there is kinda backwards!

raingirl
June 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Nope. Ours is different. We get a card with a serial number on it linked to our apartment. We get one and only one when we move it. We have to give it back when we move out. If we lose it, costs $50 to replace it.

It looks like a bell quick change card though...with the little microchip.

Is there anywhere I could be forgetting to look??

melanie
June 6th, 2005, 05:28 PM
do it by hand....i lived withut a washing machine for 5yrs and only ever did it by hand, i know a single mother with 2kids who did it by hand for years, nappies included....

and the taps or spout in the shower make wonderful hangers to wring cloths out on.....i find the best method is to fill the bath or a tub and scrub and stained ones andthen get your feet in there and walk around. then rinse thouroughly and wring.

there are also 'bush'washing machines. they are barrels with a handle on them. you put the cloths in and spin, works wonders that old one. and if all else fails put a big plastic tub filled with water (and a tight lid like a nappy bucket) and soap in the car (stable of course) put cloths in and drive around. in the bush when one is camping for a while, you can strap one of these tubs onto your vehicle and wash away....

see a gal doesnot need a machine, its jsut a luxury....so get that tub filled and get stompin :D

raingirl
June 6th, 2005, 06:02 PM
I actually do have a "hand washing" machines...it's called a wonder wash ( http://www.asontv.com/products/853180982.html ). It works well, but it takes FOREVER to get the soap out and wring out the clothes. That's my biggest problem. Also, all the clothes are so crusty and stiff after because I can't wring out all the water without damaging them (twisting them damages the fabric). It's almost impossible to wring out jeans! I used it in my old place because there was no washer, and did most of my stuff. Now I use if for things like washclothes and Odin's stuff like his face clothes and stuff. When I spent a summer living in the caribbean, we had no washer either. All done by hand. When I got home I didn't realise how dirty my clothes were until I washed them! I guess I really suck at hand washing. Any tips? All my stuff is so crusty and grimey still after I wash it.