Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pets That Destory's Toys..

iRONKNiGHT
June 6th, 2005, 01:43 AM
I think all of our pet's knows when we bring a new toy for them..

I am not sure if dog's have the same habbit as cat's but all cat's owners would agree whenever you go shopping and come back with bag's, our kitties must investigate each and every bag for any contraband.
They then seize the item they deemed to be a toy..

Most critters know what you got just for them..
Trixy is no exception she know's her toy's and like a little kid she start's ripping it apart before i can even take it out for her...

I am sure Many of you have Pet's just the same so dont be afriad and
Post the culprit's picture guilty of charge!!!

Here's the Evidence..

Eleni
June 6th, 2005, 06:16 AM
lol my cats do that to their treat bag I have to hide it in a drawer so they dont ruin it

Eleni

MollysMommy
June 6th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Just Saturday I bought my puppy a stuffed pig that makes this great noise when she plays with it. Needless to say, the stitching couldn't hold up and it had to go into surgery (i.e. me and my sewing needle). But she couldn't stop at that. Despite my great efforts to reinforce the hole as best as possible, she re-opened it. Guess it's time to find some super strong thread at the fabric store...

Gripenfelter
June 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I buy stuffed animals from Good Will aka Salvation Army.

Usually can get 5-6 toys for under $10.

They last anywhere from 30 secs to several weeks.

He usually steps on them and tries to rip their heads off before humping them and pulling the rest of the stuffing out.

He then wears the unstuffed body on his head or drags it around in his mouth for days.

And to think, he has never once seen "Silence of the Lambs" or "Seven". :crazy:

MollysMommy
June 6th, 2005, 11:41 AM
He then wears the unstuffed body on his head or drags it around in his mouth for days.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...that is great. I haven't seen Molly try something like that, but I certainly would like to.

melanie
June 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM
ive noticed at christmas time, that charlie always knows which pressy under the tree is hers, she always picks it without fail.....hmmmm strange isnt it.....

my charlie does not destry toys, oh gosh no, she is a lady sir ironknight :eek: . she has a huge collection of dollies and teddies, she treats them with such care. ,...but other dogs have been known to come along and destroy her dollies, grrrrrrrrr.poor charlie...... :angel:

Schwinn
June 7th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Daisy tends to destroy toys with squeakers in them. She has a canvas puppy she has ripped the bum out of. My family is a little distressed, as she has trained Daisy to get it on command, by saying, "Get Fluffy!" and then when she chews it, it sounds like the puppy is crying everytime it squeaks. Other than that, she's usually pretty good, but every once in a while, she seems to lose control, and pull at a thread or stuffing (you know, kind of like that chipping paint you pick at until, uh-oh, you've got a great big spot!). For example... (notice the shame?)

AliSam
June 7th, 2005, 09:57 AM
My friend's JRT, oddly enough also named Daisy, rips the squeaker out of every toy she gets. She then unstuffs them, then removes body parts from them. She got a brand new giraffe with a squeaker in it a couple of weeks ago. Within an hour, the squeaker was out, the stuffing mostly out, there was one foot on one side of the room, another on the other & an ear in her bed. She always seems to have a method of destruction.

Schwinn
June 7th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Oh, I just noticed something. That yellow blob by her bone? That's a half eaten giant tennis ball! She loves those. I'm trying to find the giant rackets that match.

kandy
June 7th, 2005, 10:49 AM
My mom's rotti always treated her toys with the utmost care - she would even clean them and put them back in her toy basket when she was done. The only time she ever destroyed a toy was if you were playing tug o war with it and didn't let go before you ripped it (she would never let go). Lacey would never even play with a toy with a squeaky in it - her first squeaky toy was ripped apart by a westie, so I don't know if she thought all squeaky toys would suffer the same fate? Hazel hasn't ripped anything up yet, but I just ordered a couple of toys that not only squeak, they grunt whenever they are squeezed. I am looking forward to see what she'll do with those! :p