Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you tip your pet's groomer?

Shamrock
June 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I thought this was quite customary - a given. But maybe it isnt?
I tip my pet's groomer $5 each and every time, (20%) At Christmas, I double it.
She does my dog the way I want,keeps him looking good, and always in a gentle and nice manner. She also is one of the VERY few groomers who will do cats. for which I am eternally grateful.

To "not" tip seems the same as not tipping your own hairdresse - at least to me.
Of course, as with any service, this is assuming you are happy with the results.
My sister told me that she never tips her dog's groomer - a suprise to me.
She said its expensive enough as it is just to have him done.
I wonder how common an idea this is? :confused:

levimh
June 5th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I personally would probably have never thought to tip a groomer, but now that you mention it, it makes sense. I probably would, if I took one of my furbeasts there.

Safyre
June 5th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I would tip a groomer, partially becasue my Aunt is one and I know the h*ll they go through with some clients!!
I tip my hairdresser all the time, even when she tells me not to.. it takes close to 6 hours to get my hair done..I will ALWAYS tip her.

Eleni
June 5th, 2005, 06:52 PM
I tip them if im happy with the cut, and happy with how they ahve treated my dog.

ill tip half the cost of the groom, only because I know sam is a handful on the grooming table

Eleni

BMDLuver
June 5th, 2005, 06:59 PM
I don't tip the groomer. Never really thought about it. :o

Shamrock
June 5th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Wow, Eleni - a fifty percent tip? That is very generous of you! :thumbs up
I have my dog done every 2-3 months, plus he is very tiny and easy to handle. 20% seemed fair to me.

One cat gets a lion cut twice a year,though and SHE is difficult no doubt. But half of the groom would be a $30 tip. There goes a hundred bucks!yikes :D

Luba
June 5th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I'd have to tip MYSELF :eek:

goldenblaze
June 5th, 2005, 08:12 PM
I always tip Jordie's groomer, she is a great lady who I know will take great care of Jordie while there. She is a TRUE animal lover herself and has been grooming for many years. I would be lost without her as Jordie visites her every 8 to 10 wks. :)

Eleni
June 5th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Wow, Eleni - a fifty percent tip? That is very generous of you! :thumbs up
I have my dog done every 2-3 months, plus he is very tiny and easy to handle. 20% seemed fair to me.

One cat gets a lion cut twice a year,though and SHE is difficult no doubt. But half of the groom would be a $30 tip. There goes a hundred bucks!yikes :D

you shoudl see the handful sam is on the table :eek:

if he were mroe behaved id probably do 20% but i really feel for anyone who has to try to distract him enough to groom him

Eleni