Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm back..

AM04
June 5th, 2005, 05:27 PM
After a large move to British Columbia, and a huge step back into Ontario, I finally have acess to the internet. So I'll update: My pitbulls have stayed with my parents in B.C (I'm thankful now that the stupid ban has come into effect) plus they get lots of room to run around. I've moved to Peterborough and gotten out of the large city. I've adopted a king shepherd in October '04 and named him Loki (for the norse god of mischief) his name suits him well, but he is such a good boy. I dont currently have any photos of him on this computer, but will be getting some on here soon, I just have to figure out where I put the cord for my digital camera, lol. As for now he sends really slobbery kisses everyone's way. He is 9 months old, and 105lbs. So much to cuddle and love.

I'm expecting a baby at the end of september, and would like some advice on how to get him accustomed to having a baby in the house. He's great with kids and toddlers, but he hasn't been around an infant yet. I've bought a cd from a local holistic pet store of baby sounds to get him use to the crying, and all he does is howl when he hears the crying. As for the giggling and bubbling sounds, he perks his head up and tilts it. I heard that crate training him would be a good idea, and I was also wondering if anyone knew anywhere to get crates from. I have the nursery set up already to get him use to the change in space and he really doesn't seem interested. Any suggestions on the next steps I could perform in the next 4 months?

kandy
June 5th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Welcome back! I am sure that lots of people will be able to help you with the transistion. My son is 22, and we didn't have any pets when he was born, so I really don't have any suggestions. Good Luck & Congrats on the baby!

sammiec
June 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Welcome back!!! You're pitties are lucky to have stayed out in BC!!! I bet you miss them though!
Peterborough is a far cry from Toronto, hope you're adjusting well. I liked it in that area. I was in Lindsay for 3 years.

Where abouts did you find that CD? We are also expecting soon - In Mid August, and it would be interesting to see Briggs' reactions to the baby sounds! She's been around children frequently, and a newborn twice. I am not too concerned about her reaction though. We will be there at all times to monitor her around the baby. I have been concerning myself about possible jealousy.. I guess it's the fear of the unknown.

Good Luck!!

Princesss04
June 6th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Welcome back! :) :pawprint: Congrats on the new baby!

Luba
June 6th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Welcome welcome welcome back and congratulations my friend :D