Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ducks in the wild

newdad
June 5th, 2005, 04:55 PM
A cat that lives in my neighbourhood brought a duckling to my house today. I took it from the cat and I have it put in a safe place until tonight when I was planning on releasing it to the wild. But I am not sure if another group of ducks will accept it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the best thing for me to do would be? I don't want anything to happen to it.

Thanks in advance

iRONKNiGHT
June 5th, 2005, 05:10 PM
A cat that lives in my neighbourhood brought a duckling to my house today. I took it from the cat and I have it put in a safe place until tonight when I was planning on releasing it to the wild. But I am not sure if another group of ducks will accept it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the best thing for me to do would be? I don't want anything to happen to it.

Thanks in advance

Yeah newdad... give the duckling back to the cat!! you think he was on a rescue mission? LOL
and here the poor kitty was thinking.. they dont feed me well, so i might as well go out and find me some real food..

levimh
June 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I don't know much about ducks, but I'm sure if you brought the duck back to the pond or lake, it would quack it's little heart out and mommy would come find him.