Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat had window close on leg. How do I get swelling to go down?

mrjohndoe
June 5th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post so be patient. Tks.

We live (me and two kitties) in an apartment in a century style brick home. Early this morning I propped up an inner storm window with a 2Ltr pop bottle; so, we could all get some fresh air.

About 5am I was awakened by Clio who is only about 5kg persistently mewing. Then I realized she was trapped between the two windows. When opened she fled relatively quickly; however, later I noticed she was not moving very much.

Upon checking her out I found her rear right hind quarter (sorry, formerly a pig farmer) tender to the touch and she favors that leg. She can put weight on it but, only for a little while. Have a call into the local vet clinic and found a mobile service nearby.

Any ideas or tips on qwelling the swelling and preventing inflammation?

Adam

Eleni
June 5th, 2005, 01:39 PM
take her to the vet immediately she could have a broken bone or worse yet internal injuries.

dont wait, go to the emergency vet if your vet doesnt ahve weekend hours

Eleni

mrjohndoe
June 5th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Actually at the time you left this message I put a call in to a former boss (a vet) who luckily was just a few blocks away at her office.

She dropped by and used a portable x-ray device. My little darlin' is doin' ok and loving her treats

april21h1
June 6th, 2005, 08:20 AM
I am glad your kitty is ok. :thumbs up

mrjohndoe
June 7th, 2005, 01:01 AM
She's putting more weight on it today and swelling is practically non-existent, but still not up to her brother's pestering.