Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

outside/inside

JessXx
June 5th, 2005, 12:27 AM
;) hey, heres a poll. Do you like to keep ur dog inside outside or both??? vote on :highfive:

Mockingcat
June 5th, 2005, 01:03 AM
My cat is inside only, and any cat I own from here on out will always be inside only. I never realized what poor quality of life my cats had living outside until I owned one that lived inside.

As a child, my cats would routinely come back scuffed up, beat up, having squabbled with wild animals. My mother told me that that's "how it was". It was natural! *rolls eyes* I took my kitten to the vet when I turned 16. I found out that he had had both of his back legs broken, most likely by being hit by a car. He'd never shown any signs of it, he just limped slightly for 2 days.

I shudder to think of what my cats went through. And yes, we were out in the country, where it was safe. There were no large wild animals, no bobcats, no pumas, and we were far away from the road, we own 40 acres of farmland.

kayla
June 5th, 2005, 01:05 AM
im confused. does "inside all the time" mean never even taking them for walks? i keep my dog inside but take her out for walks with me lots, what would that be? both?

JessXx
June 5th, 2005, 01:06 AM
hmph.
Wow, thats something to think about isn't it.
Yea... thats so sad. I'm glad that your cat is inside...
So is mine!
but anyways see you later!

Mockingcat
June 5th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Eep, didn't even think about our dog. Clover (our dog) has outside time. She has a fenced in area, and we take her for walks, but she's never unsupervised. Our cat, Loki, on the other hand, loves to climb and wouldn't be kept in by a fence.

BeagleMum
June 5th, 2005, 08:09 AM
My animals are all inside but the dog will go out in the back yard a lot. I still consider him to be an indoor dog however because he is never out there when we can't keep an eye on him.

Isisgoddess
June 5th, 2005, 08:23 AM
My cats are always inside and so was my dog when I had her (RIP). Susie, the poodle, would only go outside when someone was with her. I have a harness for each of my cats for whenever I feel like taking them outside.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I actually do not have a dog right now but I voted anyways. I would like the dog to be inside when we are and outside when we are in the yard playing or doing yardwork outside. So I voted both.

Eleni
June 5th, 2005, 09:15 AM
me pets all all inside all the time,

tho sam and the cats lounge on the balcony occasionally, And i walk sam 3 times a day and he goes outside for quick pee breaks in between

I dont personally feel there is any safe reason to allow my cats outside even if we were in a house and not an apartment.

if they wanted outdoor time when we get a house it will be on leash

Eleni

JessXx
June 5th, 2005, 11:55 AM
inside all the time... that would mean you'd still take them for walks... I assume that almost everyone here does that...
:pawprint:

kandy
June 5th, 2005, 08:13 PM
I voted both. We've got a dog door for Hazel so that she can go in the backyard if she's too hot or has to potty. She lays on the cool concrete in the shade if it is too hot in the house. She stays inside most of the time though. At work, she stays inside except for walks.

Princesss04
June 6th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I voted both because my boys are inside dogs but they love to be outside so they get to play outside as well but are never left out there. They are inside dogs! :D

jessi76
June 6th, 2005, 11:40 AM
i voted Both. I have 2 cats, and a puppy, who all enjoy lots of time outside (supervised, of course). They all stay inside if I'm not home, or if I don't have time to supervise them.

melanie
June 6th, 2005, 04:57 PM
her majesty goes wherever she likes, in or out....if im here she likes in, if im not she prefers out (so she can hassle the postlady :angel: ).....

Jackie467
June 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I voted both because when someone is home Candi wants to be inside (usually) but when no one is there she likes it outside. (don't worry we have a neighbor who has the house next to ours who is home all day and watches her for us)

melanie
June 6th, 2005, 05:12 PM
so jackie you get that too. i will ask her where she wants to go when i go out, but i prefer out if im gone for a while, its more interesting for her..., when asked what she would like to do she always walks out the door and sits down, in cold weather i have to beg her to stay in, sillllly puppies.....

do you give the option and find she chooses out??