Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HOT in MTL & insomnia kicks in!

iRONKNiGHT
June 4th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Dang it's HOT in MTL this past week and tonight feels like the worst!
i know Marty and Minou have the AC to save them
but the AC here is not doing Justice!

And with insomnia most likely only Me and Cactus Flower will be the only ones on After hours!! :sick: .. ohh for you amatures i mean AFTER Hours like 3-4am lol.. why Cactus Flower? cuz i see her on all the time into the wee hours of the morning when no one else is..

post whatever's on your mind under this post! :)

twinmommy
June 4th, 2005, 10:44 PM
You got THAT right!! Bloody hot, so it is!!!

even my toes are stuck together!! :D

Safyre
June 4th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I stay up late, but there is never anyone to talk to.. so i watch infomercials... those put me right to sleep.

iRONKNiGHT
June 4th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Update..AC's at 100% let's see if get's coldish! set at 17 degrees Celsius
umm that's 62 degrees Fahrenheit for the American readers..
i will keep my fingers :fingerscr to see if this keeps up!..
It feels nice already :)

Sneaky2006
June 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM
It is so humid here I can't stand it... temps have been at 75-80F lately and 100% humidity.. My AC works great though, everyone coming in my house says it's too cold!!! But I do not care one bit!

iRONKNiGHT
June 5th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Humid in PA? i'd think it's nice and cool there err Poconos and all, then again i've not seen that much of PA.. now that you posted how humid it's over there.. ohh i guess MTL's not so bad after all lol..
and THANK GOD for AC!!

Writing4Fun
June 5th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Amen to that, Knight! When we first moved into this house, I was pregnant with our first, due to deliver in August. :eek: I told hubby there was no way in heck I would survive the summer without AC, so we had central air installed (God bless the marketing genius who came up with the "don't pay for a year" concept). Ahhhhh..... Now, just as an example, I've got it set at 25, which is actually quite warm. Yesterday morning, the house was sitting at 24 so the AC hadn't kicked in yet. It was so hot/humid, I was having trouble breathing. Once the AC kicked in at 25, it removed all the humidity from the air. So even at 25, it felt like 7 degrees cooler than a few minutes ago at 24. I don't know how I survived without my AC. When we lived in Chateauguay, I remember we'd spend the summers on a sleeping bag in the basement. Mind you, we could handle a lot more when we were younger... :(

Rita
June 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM
even my toes are stuck together!! :D
A little off topic, but funny you should say that as my toes really are stuck together .... I broke my baby toe on my right foot Friday night so now I have three of my toes taped together ;)
It's a good thing it's summer time and I can wear flipflops everywhere because there is no way I can put a real shoe on my foot :crazy:

Eleni
June 5th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I always get insomnia in the summer.

im like the princess and the pea, very sensative to my surroundings when I sleep.

I really need a cool breeze, and the perfect pillow in order to sleep. it drives my husband bonkers.

the heat is just horrible, makes me go to the livingroom to sleep in front of the A/C with sammy

twinmommy
June 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM
A little off topic, but funny you should say that as my toes really are stuck together .... I broke my baby toe on my right foot Friday night so now I have three of my toes taped together

o.k. now this is freaky!! my hubby broke his pinky toe also, which is kinda what made me make that joke!!! (of course he doesn't think it's too funny....ha ha ha...ha.........ha....... :o

Sneaky2006
June 5th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Humid in PA? i'd think it's nice and cool there err Poconos and all, then again i've not seen that much of PA.. now that you posted how humid it's over there.. ohh i guess MTL's not so bad after all lol..
and THANK GOD for AC!!YES!! It's awful... The Poconos are about 2 hours from here... and I believe it is cooler and way less humid there, I think because of all the trees and lakes up there.
I could cut the air here with a knife :(

Cactus Flower
June 5th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I hear ya.

I was here until about 2:30 a.m, but your post is only now showing up for me.
And you're right, I'm usually around until 3:30 a.m or so. Insomnia is much worse for me in the summer.

I once read the Stephen King book, "Insomnia", while fighting a really bad bout of insomnia. That was so ironic. But it was a good book, anyway.

I think that maybe I was supposed to be born as some sort of nocturnal mammal. I have always come alive at night. Even if I'm dead tired all day long, the sun goes down and *BING!*, I'm awake! Awake awake awake! Just when everyone else is winding down. Hmph.

iRONKNiGHT
June 5th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I have always come alive at night. Even if I'm dead tired all day long, the sun goes down and *BING!*, I'm awake! Awake awake awake! Just when everyone else is winding down. Hmph.

LOL that goes for me.. 100% of what you say is true.. i am a night person it's not a phase, i think we're born this way..and there's something about night just makes you feel so much more alive.. i guess it's our element!

sucks that you're now you're seeing the Threads..
could it be some settings somewhere? :confused:

JDG
June 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM
i know Marty and Minou have the AC to save them
:)

Hahaha! Yup! Colin and I bought AC units for our cats! (I guess we get to benefit too!)

You can get a cheap 5000 btu unit at Canadian Tire, $120.00 . . .

we got two!

melanie
June 5th, 2005, 04:59 PM
hot hot hot hot, nah cold cold cold and i cnat feel my stupid toes, i wonder if you can get frost bite whilst sitting inside at the computer. its only 2deg celcius and its oh so hard for wittle old me. burrrrrrrrrrrrr

and for all you hotties, get a spray bottle, put water in it, put it on mist setting, sit in front of a fan and get sprayinging into the fan, it will spritz you all over, yeah i love summer AND HATE WINTER...every winter is the winter of my discontent....