Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 yr old Havanese vomitting...Help???

deltad
June 4th, 2005, 10:22 PM
We had an emergency out of town & left our 2 yr old Havanese (Beauty) & our 12 yr old Bichon (Pepe') with our usual "sitter" at her house. Our sitter has had a cold, but is better now. However, we picked her up yesterday, she was fine, then this morning, she kinda of seized for less than 1 minute, then vomitted. After that, she was fine. Then, later today, the same. I gave her Pepto, & she's been fine since. I'm wondering if she may have gotten hold of something (we have plants on our screened back porch, but none seem to have been nipped at). Anyway, the first episode was yellow bile; the second, food. She did eat later today, & drank, & her attitude is usual--happy go lucky! Should I be overly concerned, or just consider this an unusual episode? These are my children, along with our daughter. With it being the weekend, I didn't have anyone to turn to--all the vets here use an emergency clinic an hour away, & I've not had good experiences in the past with other pets.
Thank you for your help!

twinmommy
June 4th, 2005, 10:47 PM
I would wqtch her and if she still is vomiting tomorrow, you should call the vet. She may have gotten into something and is trying to bring it up.

Writing4Fun
June 5th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Hey there deltad. How's your pup this morning? I was thinking ... does your sitter have air conditioning? Is it unusually hot down there right now? Maybe the sitter left her outside a little longer than she should have, and the pup was affected by the heat? Just a thought. I agree ... keep an eye on her, and be careful when giving human medication.

SnowDancer
June 5th, 2005, 10:00 AM
I would keep a close eye on your pup and if vomiting continues I would call the vet. I know that the Havanese is more common in the US - in Canada it is a "rare breed". My Eskimo has a Havanese friend in his socialization group -the could open a business "Shredders Are Us".

deltad
June 6th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Good morning!
I wanted to thank all of you who reponded to my question. I also wanted to let you know that Beauty has been great both yesterday & this morning, no more episodes! YEAH!!!!! I truly believe that she's gotten into something that she shouldn't (imagine that!), as the room where they stay at the sitters is air conditioned. As for Havanese being common...In my area, they're still pretty unusual, as is she!
Thanks again! I am SO glad that I have found you guys (& all the others) here on this website! I see that it can really be helpful for those of us who adore our fluffs!
Deltad