Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PLEASE HELP!-Abusing dog

kate_katlover
June 4th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Hi,

My friend's brother's neighbour adopted a dog and is now abusing it with his rooomate as a 'past time.' :confused: My friend called the SPCA'anonymously" as the owners can also attack people!

The SPCA did exactely this...nothing. House inspection, and made an APPOINTEMENT :eek: ! So obviousely the wonder peach things up.

Does anyone have any agency to call or any ideas of what to do?

* I think this dog is a blk lab, still young not a puppy. Info may be a bit off.

badger
June 4th, 2005, 07:09 PM
No agency is going to seize a dog unless it is in bad shape or starving or unless they witness the abuse. If there was an opportunity - for instance if they tie the dog up outside - I'd just go in and steal it. What form does the abuse take?

mona_b
June 5th, 2005, 02:19 AM
What area are you in?

Our SPCA has seized many animals that have been abused.And no thay don't have to witness the abuse.These have come from complaints from people.

If you want,pm me with info and I can talk to the investigators at my SPCA to see what can be done.They take abuse very seriously here.And I have seen a few of the dogs that they seized.One was a beautiful cream Chow Chow,another was a sweet little Terrier.

badger
June 5th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Sorry! I hope Mona can give you a hand with this and the dog can be helped.

LL1
June 5th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Which SPCA?I know cruelty investigators at several,they are good people,we've taken a few seized dogs into our rescue as well.