Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Father's day

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
It is coming up here, and I don't know what to do. We are tight on money, like always, so buying something isn't an option. I was thinking about sending James a video of Judith,, but the only thig we have is a webcam. YOu can make videos on it, it just has to be done all in one shot. I was kinda thinking that I wanted small clips from here and there. Is it possible to combine files, so they make one file? so I could make the video the way I wanted to?

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 07:53 PM
does HP memories do that kind of stuff, I don't want to open it yet, because our computer came with a 7 day free trial, and if it will work, I don't want it to expire before I can use it

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 08:02 PM
Nevermind, I opened it, it can add music to pictures!!! I think that would be great. We have tons of them since Judith was a baby, Think I might start out with her ultrasound pictures. Do you guy think it would be a good gift, being that he isn't here, to share the day with?

Writing4Fun
June 3rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
Absolutely! Store-bought gifts are nice, but this is more meaningful. :)

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 09:15 PM
that program is so easy to use. The hardest part of doing this was picking out what song I wanted to use. I am practically done already!!!

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
I just finished it, and previewed it. And I definately have to purchase this software!! It is amazing, and I really think James is going to love it. I wish I could show it to you all, but there isn't a way to get it onto the computer, with thw software that created it, and if there is a way, I have no clue how. Its about 3 minutes long, but has 50 pictures...... I am so glad I saw that we had that!!!! I am going to send it out Monday.... along with the dried watermelon he asked me to make.....

twinmommy
June 3rd, 2005, 10:21 PM
cool!! what song did you end up choosing?(I'm a sucker for music :o

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 10:28 PM
Hands by Jewel Only thing I could find that would even work, and that James liked. He's more of a metal guy, but I found that cd in his big cd case, so I know he does like that kind of stuff too lol

Princesss04
June 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
That sounds like a great idea! All the kids and grandkids did that for my gram one year for Christmas. We all gathered about 10 picutres each and they put them on a video with music and we gave it to her. She loved it. :love:

lilith_rizel
June 4th, 2005, 12:04 PM
James knows to be expecting something on a disk. He really wanted to see it lastnight, but he couldn't. I think he has an idea of what it is, and really wants to see his little girl, so I told him when he gets it next week, he can watch it if he wants..... I think that it is fair, being that he hasn't seen too much of her the past 2 weeks

kandy
June 4th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I think that was a great idea and I'm sure that he'll love it. :thumbs up

badger
June 4th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Lilith, if you have the time, I'd LOVE to know how to make dried watermelon.

lilith_rizel
June 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM
It is easy, if you got a dehydrator. All I did was cut it up in chunks, got as many seeds out as possible, and put it in the dehydrator. This is my first time making it, and never tried it before, but James has, and said it is realld good. I still don't know how it is going to turn out, still has a few more hours in the machine, but I will let you know when it is done. and how long it took.