Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

your a nice mob

melanie
June 3rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
hi everyone, have you ever noticed we hardly ever compliment ourselves around here?? lifes too short to forget what is important and to short not to share kindness and good feelings.

we are a really nice little mob and i think its high time we recognised that. for the internet this is actually one of the very few really nice places where the majority are genuine ppl with a common cause/love or concern.

yeah sure, sometimes we get a little fiesty with our issues or dramas, but to me that shows what an informed, educated and caring bunch we all are.

yes i have friends in life but not many of them are terribly into dogs, but its different here. over the past few yrs ive formed some really nice little friendships, and of course its wonderful to have a group of ppl that share a common interest and also i can share my animal worries, joys and trials with.

its about time we started patting ourselves onthe back for beign such a nice community. good on you now a big group hug :grouphug:

YOUR A WONDERFUL MOB AND SHOULD KNOW IT, sending all my happy warm vibes to you :grouphug: :crazy: have a lovely day

babyrocky1
June 3rd, 2005, 06:59 PM
What a great post Mel " I love that Aussie slang" a really nice little mob" lol I know what you mean, when my "real life friends' sence Im going into a pit bull rant, again, well you can imagine the eyes rolling LOL Trouble is that its such a big part of MY life that Im starting to have problems relating to anything other than dogs! Anyway thanks for the positive post, can't have too many of those. :highfive:

melanie
June 3rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
when i start getting to far into dog talk (you know the one, my baby can do this, my baby can do that), hubby and family send me to you guys, its a roll of the eyes and then a comment about talking to your dog friends. i also proudly tell ppl im a member of an international dog group, im proud of us:pawprint: :grouphug:

toby's tracy
June 3rd, 2005, 07:32 PM
here, here!

I agree and I'm so happy to have found this place!

:thumbs up

Shamrock
June 3rd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Wow,Melanie - what a positive and uplfiting post!
I completely agree with your sentiments ( and love the way you say them! ;) )

When I fist joined in Jan. - I was at first a bit taken aback at the "intensity" of this site. I wasnt sure if it was "for me".
I soon realized it came from genuine passion, the love for animals and concern for their health and welfare. To this end, there can be no fence-sitting, no waffling, no mincing words. But aways straight from the heart, and on behalf of all the animals that are so loved here. Our own, others, the homeless and those who home is the wild.

All the members deserve highest accolades for sharing their experience and knowledge and endeavoring to help others, and in doing so, promote more awareness of issues of animal health.

Those here who work on the 'front lines" - with the animals in rescue - deserve the highest praise, and special :grouphug: for their tireless and extrordinary efforts and sacrifces. They really are the angels of mercy. :angel:

And, major kudos to the moderators and administrators too - for knowing when to call a "halt" when the passion occassionally spills over.

I love this site, I've learned a lot, even changed some views I held on ethical issues of pet population today.

And - there's lots of laughs, with a bonus of the BEST pics! :highfive:

Prin
June 3rd, 2005, 08:16 PM
My friends and family love that I come here-- I talk about doggies a bit less now in the real world...

This site is a great idea and it's strength is in the numbers. I know of other sites that could be good but there are practically no members. Here you get such a variety of opinions- it's great. And the people really do care (the regulars anyway) about animals and I know I am still learning. :)

(Plus you get paw prints. :pawprint: )

iRONKNiGHT
June 3rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
hi everyone, have you ever noticed we hardly ever compliment ourselves around here?? lifes too short to forget what is important and to short not to share kindness and good feelings.

we are a really nice little mob and i think its high time we recognised that. for the internet this is actually one of the very few really nice places where the majority are genuine ppl with a common cause/love or concern.

yeah sure, sometimes we get a little fiesty with our issues or dramas, but to me that shows what an informed, educated and caring bunch we all are.

yes i have friends in life but not many of them are terribly into dogs, but its different here. over the past few yrs ive formed some really nice little friendships, and of course its wonderful to have a group of ppl that share a common interest and also i can share my animal worries, joys and trials with.

its about time we started patting ourselves onthe back for beign such a nice community. good on you now a big group hug :grouphug:

YOUR A WONDERFUL MOB AND SHOULD KNOW IT, sending all my happy warm vibes to you :grouphug: :crazy: have a lovely day

LOL my old friend Mel ;) i think you've been out in the sun tree hugging far too long..... i know i know you'll return with a witty come-back LOL

melanie
June 5th, 2005, 04:38 PM
out of character yes, i was having a be nice to everyone week. but i feel its slippin......

hard to be witty, every pore and cell of my brain has been dried out by the stupid drought, im telling you the pan evaporation of my brain is horrenodous,,,,, how long will i last..... 'im melting, im melting'

Karin
June 5th, 2005, 06:22 PM
out of character yes, i was having a be nice to everyone week. but i feel its slippin......

hard to be witty, every pore and cell of my brain has been dried out by the stupid drought, im telling you the pan evaporation of my brain is horrenodous,,,,, how long will i last..... 'im melting, im melting'

I read today about the drought going on in your homeland....we have our dry days too but never as bad as what is happening there. I feel for you and all Melanie. I hope things change fast. I wish I could email water, I'd be on line for a month straight for a start. Good luck to you & yours.

Cactus Flower
June 5th, 2005, 09:18 PM
A wonderful post, Mel, and I agree wholeheartedly :grouphug: .

Here in New Mexico, we were going to be in the same shoes as you this summer, regarding a water shortage. I thought the drought was going to end us this year. But it did rain....and rain.....and rain....and then came record snow melt from the nearby mountains....and then came the flooding. We've gone from one extreme to another (you know how well floods work in the desert- very dangerous).
So. I will wish you as much rain as you need. Too much of a good thing can be disastrous.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm fuzzy. This truly is a wonderful place.

Princesss04
June 6th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Mel I agree it is truly a wonderful place! I love coming on here. My family likes dogs and pets but it is not the same. They think I am crazy when I talk about dogs needing a certain type of food, etc. They are like they are dogs who cares. And when I get onto them about not hitting their dogs. They look at me like I am crazy. Good thing hubby and my dad understands and they do not think I am crazy but even if they did, I still have you all. I love this place! :pawprint: I really apperciate all the great advice. I know there is alot of time when I am not sure what to do and you all are always there. And I know for sure that when Meater had Parvo that he would not be alive if it was not for LUBA and all the wonderful people that where there to help me. :D

dmc123
June 6th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Mel,

I agree! I don't post that often, but still come here almost everyday to see what has been said, and I've been here over 2 yrs now :)

Still one of my favorite sites, still love the pics the most. By the time I read most, it is too late to give much input, but I still like to see what is said on here.

Keep up the good work all members.

Diane

glasslass
June 6th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I love the way we are all different - ages, nationalities, economics, education, circumstances - but we all share a common interest! Ain't it grand!?

Luvmypit
June 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I usually lose interest pretty fast but here I have stayed and check in at least 4 - 5 times week. I love it here. And your right I talk blab about animals and I often get that look too. Here she goes again :rolleyes: ...... hee hee. So instead i say well "screw you Im going home!" (southpark quote) And home is here!
I have learned so much and I know that if I needed advise in which I have you would all respond with the ebst of your knowledge and some respond just to say hey I dont know anything about this but good luck!
Its truly a nice group of people.