Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need a catchy phrase

raingirl
June 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this...probably get the most attention here though.

If you were intested in supporting the cause of Banned Aid and fighting the legislation, and you saw a business card for a business supporting the cause, what keywords would cause you to pick up a card and actually visit a website to see what they have to offer.

I'm working on my business cards for my charity store (www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull) and I want it to be clean and simple. I need a sentence, nor more than 5 to 10 words, to catch peoples eyes and let them know the purpose of my store.

Here are some that I was thinking of:

"Support the fight agaisnt Breed Specific Legislation"
"Punish the Deed, not the Breed" (I'm leaning towards this)
"Your Pit Bull support Store"
"My Ontario Includes Pit Bulls"

Anyone else have any ideas? What would make you pick up a card and visit the website?

Trinitie
June 3rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
I also like "punish the deed, not the breed". Very catchy and rolls off the toungue.

Princesss04
June 3rd, 2005, 01:53 PM
I also like Punish the deed not the breed! :pawprint:

Eleni
June 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
i agree punish the deed not the breed

Rita
June 3rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
"Punish the Deed, not the Breed" :pawprint:
I agree with everybody else .... it's catchy, to the point, and says everything :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
I think is is almost unannamous! Punish the deed, not the breed!

BeagleMum
June 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
I agree with all of the above.

Lissa
June 3rd, 2005, 02:54 PM
I agree that: "Punish the deed, not the breed" - is probably the best one to use. It's very catchey and really puts the onus on someone to start thinking about the situation from another angle.

I originally liked "My Ontario includes Pit Bulls" but I think this issue is more widespread then just Ontario and its not as catchey - I think it would mean more to people who already support this. It's my favourite!

I'm sorry I can't help you think up other one's - not really my strong point!

raingirl
June 3rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah, punish the deed, not the breed I think is the best too. BF liked it as well as he is the one doing the designing of the cards. He did one last night, and did another today at work. I will look at them both tonight and decide which one, and print a bunch to bring to woofstock!

Britishvixen21
June 3rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
I have to agree with everyone else, although the last one is a close second.
Good luck

Shamrock
June 3rd, 2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, I agree with the others - that is the most catchy and memorable! :highfive:

Writing4Fun
June 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
I like the "Ban the deed, not the breed" slogan.

Some others off the top of my head...
"I'm pro-BSL - breed-specific learning!"
"Education, not abolition!"
How about a pic of some of the dogs on Italy's list, with a red circle around & line through them, and a blurb saying "Who's next?".

Sorry, got a lot to think about over the next week, my creative juices just aren't flowing today...

april21h1
June 3rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Punish the Deed, not the Breed

i like this one

kandy
June 3rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Add me to the list! I like it better because although pit bulls seem to be targeted more than others, there are other good breeds being banned (rottis, mastiffs, etc). So that one lets everyone know its all breed specific legislation that you're fighting against. :thumbs up

Schwinn
June 3rd, 2005, 06:13 PM
I like punish the deed as well. Or how about "We're (or they're) ALL man's best friend!"