Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ads by Goooooogle

Sneaky2006
June 3rd, 2005, 08:17 AM
I know you have to have ads on this site, but I was wondering if they have to be ads that have to do with things this board is totally against (for the most part)?
The main ones I am talking about are ads for Teacup/Labradoodle type designer dogs. We preach till the sun don't shine about how reputable breeders wouldn't make new kinds of dogs and they wouldn't advertise or sell their dogs online yet that's all I've been seeing from these "Ads by Goooooogle"
Just a thought! :)

Princesss04
June 3rd, 2005, 11:35 AM
I agree Sneaky! I saw those as well. I am not sure if they can filter them or not and I think they help pay for the site. :pawprint:

Cactus Flower
June 3rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
Whoah- that must be very confusing to newbies!

marko
June 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
The ads do help pay for the site - and I too have been turned off by some of them. However we have no idea which ads will show up until we see them.

Many of the ads have provocative titles (sell animals) - but actually go to sites that sell accessories etc. when you click the link.

If you find (copy and paste the ad AND where it goes to) that particular ad that offends you, I will gladly block it.

Sneaky2006
June 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
This is the only one I can find right now, 'pocket pups'.

URL deleted by Marko

Puppy Petite
Toy & Teacup Puppies For Sale Direct From USDA Breeders Dogs & Puppies for Sale
Is it ok here or would you rather have it in PM... anyone could click on these anyway.
Oh and thank you!! :)

marko
June 3rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
The ad in question will be filtered out in the next few hours.

Sneaky2006
June 3rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks!
The next ones I will send in PM.